Tenoric - 100 /25 mg
|Strength||100 + 25 mg|
|Generic Name||Atenolol Chlorthalidone|
Tenoric 100/25 mg
Tenoric-100+25 mg is used to control hypertension. It may be used alone or with other antihypertensive drugs, particularly with a thiazide diuretic. Blood pressure is the pressure exerted by the blood against the wall of arteries. Everyone has BP; this pressure helps blood circulation throughout your body. The medicine Tenoric is for high blood pressure, sometimes called arterial hypertension. The drug is indicated for the long-term management of patients with angina pectoris. Angina pectoris is chest pain due to ischemia of heart muscles. The main reason behind this chest pain is improper contractility of heart muscles. Tenoric is also indicated in managing acute myocardial infarction (heart attack) to reduce cardiovascular mortality. Treatment for these cardiovascular problems is long-term. One of the active ingredients present in Tenoric-100+25 mg is Atenolol. Atenolol is involved in reducing blood pressure in the way:
Tenoric stops the signals sent by the nerves to the heart to slow down the activity of the heart. Tenoric, a beta blocker drug, blocks the beta-adrenergic receptors (necessary to transmit the activity messages). As a result, the heartbeat slows down, and pressure within the blood vessels also decreases. Now, as the abnormal heartbeat slows down, the chances of you having chest pain (angina) also decrease. Another active ingredient is Chlorthalidone. It a thiazide-like diuretic. The drug increases the amount of urine passed, which causes loss of salt and water in your body, leading to fluid retention.
How to use
- The dosage of this drug varies according to the age group for which it is suggested and the patient's condition. Swallow the tablet with a glass full of water. Always take it in the same way daily. It can be taken with or without food. Taking it at the same time daily will increase efficiency and help you remember the time to take the drug. It will then become a part of your daily routine. For example, take it during breakfast; the medicine will work for 24 hours until you are ready for the next dose.
- Too many Tenoric tablets will make you may get a headache, feel dizzy, or faint. You may experience side effects such as rapid, clammy skin, shallow breathing, or cold. The heartbeat may become faster than usual. This is because the blood pressure becomes too low. In such a case, visit your nearest healthcare centre or call your physician immediately.
- Tenoric controls your condition but does not heal it. It is important to continue taking your medicine, even if you feel well.
You should not take Tenoric if you are allergic to the drug's ingredients. Also, avoid taking it if you have low BP or poor circulation, diabetes, psoriasis, myasthenia gravis, asthma, shortness of breath, unable to urinate, pregnancy or breastfeeding condition.
You may have to stop taking one of the medicines if you are on a dose of Tenoric:
- Diet pill
- Stimulant medicine
- Any medicine which increases the potassium levels in your blood
- NSAID or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines
You should also ask your physician about the full list of the drugs to be avoided.
Tell your physician as soon as possible if you experience Chest or throat infection, Flu-like symptoms, Headache, Feeling sick (nausea, vomiting), Back pain, Dizziness, Dry mouth, Rash or itching, Impotence, Tightness in the chest, Yellowing of the eyes and skin, Inflammation of the pancreas, Rapid or irregular heartbeat.