Toba Eye Drop - 0.3% (5 ml)
|Strength||0.3% (5 ml)|
Toba eye drop 1% (Tobramycin)
Toba eye drop is a topical ophthalmic solution, which is composed of Tobramycin (active ingredient). It is formulated specifically for external ophthalmic infections. The active agent Tobramycin is active against different gram positive and gram negative ophthalmic pathogens.
What is Toba used for?
Toba is useful in treating serious gram negative bacterial infections and infections caused by staphylococci.
How does Toba work?
Toba exerts it bactericidal action by inhibiting protein synthesis in bacteria at level of 30s ribosome.
Where to buy Toba online?
Toba is available for topical ophthalmic use in the form of tablets. It is available in the pack sizes of 3, 6, and 9. You can buy Toba 1% online from our website premiumrxdrugs.com at a quite affordable price.
What does Toba contain?
Each bottle of Toba eye drops contain 1% of the active component Tobramycin.
What are the side effects of Toba?
- Eye disorders- corneal abrasion, cisual impairment, erythema of eyelid, eyelid oedema, eye pain, foreign body sensation in eyes, dry eye, conjunctivital disorder, blurred vision, eye discharge, keratititis, eye pruritis.
- Nervous system disorder- hedache
- Immune system disorders- hypersensitivity
- Skin related issues- dermatitis, leukoderma, madarosis, dry skin, urticaria
What medications interact with Toba?
- If the ophthalmic solution is used along with aminoglycoside antibiotic, the patient should eb monitored for serum aminoglycoside concentration.
- Patients are instructed to avoid drugs with ototoxic and neurotocic potential during the treatment with Tobramycin.
- Avoid using it with a topical beta lactam type antibiotic as this may decrease the efficacy of Tobramycin.
When should Toba not be used?
This medicine is not suitable for patients who are allergic to Tobramycin or other components of the medicine.
Use it carefully in the following situations:
- Renal impairment
- Hepatic insufficiency
How should Toba be used?
The medicine is used to treat various types of bacterial eye infections. Using it as instructed into the eye allows the active component to directly act on the bacteria that is responsible for causing the infection.
Wash your hands and eyes before administrating the eye drop. Administer one to two drops into the affected eye.
How long should you take Toba?
Continue using Toba for as long as your health care professional recommends.
Missed dose of Toba
Make sure that you do not skip or double up on missed doses of Toba eye drops. If you missed a dose, then talk to your physician for further advice.
How should Toba be stored?
Keep the tablets out of the reach of children and away from pets. Don’t freeze the medicine. Store it at controlled room temperature.