|Manufacturer||Johnson & Johnson|
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.19||US$ 5.83|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.19||US$ 11.65|
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.19||US$ 17.49|
Topamac 25 mg (Topiramate)
Topamac 25 mg consist of active ingredient Topiramate. A GluR5 kainate receptor antagonist inhibitor, Topiramate is a positive allosteric GABA modulator. The drug is an anticonvulsant medicine approved for the treatment of epilepsy in adults, and children. It can also be used as monotherapy, or in combination with other anticonvulsant drugs. Topiramate is also approved for use in preventing migraine headaches in adults.
What is Topamac 25 mg used for?
Topamac 25 mg is used to treat epilepsy in adults, and children, and it was originally used as an anticonvulsant drug. The medicine is indicated for the treatment of Lennox-Gastaut syndrome (LGS). LGS is a disorder that causes convulsions, a developmental delay. It is also an FDA approved for, and most frequently prescribed for the prophylaxis of migraines.
How does Topamac work?
Topamac works by affecting chemicals in the brain that are involved in sending signals to the nerves. Buy Topamac 25 mg, and get the best price of the product.
What are the different doses of Topamac?
Topamac is available to order online from premiumrxdrugs.com. You can buy Topamac 25 mg online at unbeatable price.
How should Topamac be taken?
- Topamac is present in the form of tablets. Swallow the tablet with an adequate amount of water. It may be taken with, or without a meal.
- The dose regimen varies from patient to patient, it depends on the age, weight, and condition of the patients.
- The usual dose range for adults is 25 mg Topamac tablet, every day to 400 mg topiramate tablet, every day. You can take the Topiramate tablets at any time, or as suggested by the pharmacist.
- The pediatric dose of Topamac mostly depends upon the weight of the patient. The doctor may prescribe the medicine, according to the body weight of the pediatric patient.
- The dose range for pediatrics is 5 to 25 mg, every day.
- Consume the tablets in the same way as suggested to you. Don’t alter the dosage plan.
- Overdose: Seek medical attention immediately, in the case of an overdose of Topiramate. Symptoms of an overdose include:
- Shortness of breaths
- Blurred vision
- Chest pain
- Depression and agitation
Missed dose of Topamac:
If you have forgotten a dose, take it as soon you remember and go back to your usual dosing schedule. If the time to take the next dose is near, leave the forgotten dose and take the next dose. Do not double up the dose to compensate the forgotten one.
- Take the tablets for as long as your doctor recommended.
What are Side effects of Topamac?
Like other medicines, Topamac may cause adverse effects. Seek medical attention, in case the following troubles arise:
- Pain in the stomach or upset stomach
- Sleeping sickness
- Appetite loss
- Reduced body weight
- Dry mouth
The adverse reactions of Topamac can be dangerous also. Visit the doctor immediately, in the following situations.
- Painful urination or decreased urination
- Decreased coordination
- Muscle or joint pain
- Menstrual changes
- Decreased coordination
- Bone pain
What medications interact with Topamac?
Avoid consuming Topamac, if you are taking the medicines that are given below:
When should Topamac not be used?
Tell the doctor, before consuming the medicine:
- If you are hypersensitive to the drug, or its components.
- If you have liver, or kidney problems.
- If you have problems related to metabolism.
- If you have eye disorders.
- If you are suffering from breathing problems.
- If you have a growth disorder.
- If you are undergoing surgery.
- If you are a woman of child bearing potential. You should discuss the positives and negatives of taking Topiramate, at the time of pregnancy.
- If you have allergies to food, medicines, and other substances.
- Breastfeeding women are advised not to take Topamac as it may pass into the breast milk and harm the nursing baby.
- The drug may cause dizziness. Do not drive or use machinery, while taking Topiramate as these activities may require a high degree of mental attention.
How should Topamac be stored?
- Store the tablet in a dry place and out of the direct light.
- It should be stored at a room temperature.
- Always keep the written record of your medications.
- Do not share your medicines with your near and dear ones.
- Place the medicine reach out of children.
- Always keep the tablets in its original pack only.