Tropan XL 5 mg
|Generic For||Ditropan XL|
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.53||US$ 15.77|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.53||US$ 31.53|
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.53||US$ 47.30|
Tropan XL 5 mg (Oxybutynin Chloride)
Tropan XL 5 mg tablets contain the active ingredient Oxybutynin, an anticholinergic medicine used to relieve bladder and urinary problems including frequent urination and urge incontinence by decreasing muscle spasms of the bladder.
Tropan XL general information
What is Tropan XL 5 mg used for?
Tropan XL tablets are used for the treatment of overactive bladder with symptoms of urinary urgency, frequency, urinary leakage, dysuria, and urge incontinence. It is also a possible treatment of hyperactive sweating.
How does Tropan XL 5 mg work?
Tropan XL tablets contain the active ingredient Oxybutynin chloride, which exerts an antimuscarinic as well as anti spasmodic action on bladder smooth muscles. Oxybutynin also possesses local anaesthetic and useful analgesic properties. The active substance works by increasing bladder capacity, diminishing the frequency of uninhibited contractions of the detrusor urinae muscle and delays the initial desire to void. Thus decreases urgency and frequency of urination.
What are the different doses of Tropan XL?
Tropan XL tablets are available to buy online from premiumrxdrugs.com in 5 mg strength. Buy Tropan XL 5 mg online far cheaper than other local pharmacies.
What does Tropan XL 5 mg contain?
The active ingredient is Oxybutynin chloride. Each Tropan extended release tablet contains 5 mg of Oxybutynin chloride.
Effects of alcohol on Tropan XL 5 mg
Tropan XL tablets may cause drowsiness or blurred vision. The consumption of alcohol may increase drowsiness. Therefore, avoid consuming alcohol while you are taking this medicine.
What are the side effects of Tropan XL 5 mg?
Like all drugs, this drug can cause side effects, although not everyone gets them.
Stop taking Tropan XL tablets and call your physician or go to a hospital immediately if you have an allergic reaction, the symptoms may include: a rash, breathing and swallowing problems, swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Please tell your physician if any of the following side effects get serious or last longer than a few days:
- Dry eyes
- Dry mouth
- Decreased urinary retention
- Facial flushing
- Loss of appetite
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Light hypersensitivity
- Stomach pain
- Dry skin
What medications interact with Tropan XL 5 mg?
Tell your physician if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines.
Tropan XL may slow the digestion and thereby influence the effect of other drugs, or the use of Tropan XL with other drugs may increase the effect of Tropan XL. Tell your physician if you are taking any of the following:
When should Tropan XL 5 mg not be used?
- Tropan XL should not be used in patients with gastric retention, uncontrolled narrow-angle glaucoma, ischuria (urinary retention), and in patients who are at high risk for these conditions.
- The drug is not indicated for patients who have demonstrated hypersensitivity to Oxybutynin or its excipients.
- It should not be administered to children below five years of age.
How should Tropan XL be taken?
- The recommended dose for adults is one Tropan XL 5 mg tablet two to three times daily. The maximum recommended dose is one 5 mg tablet four times a day. A lower starting dose of 2.5 mg two to three times a day is recommended for elderly patients.
- For paediatric patients over five years of age, the recommended dose is 5 mg tablet twice daily. The maximum recommended dose is one 5 mg tablet thrice daily.
- Tropan XL tablets must be swallowed whole with a glass full of water. Do not crush or chew the tablets. The medicine may be administered with or without food.
- The dose regimen may differ from the information contained in this document. In the case of any confusion, please consult your physician.
How long should you take Tropan XL 5 mg?
Keep taking Tropan XL tablets until your physician tells you to stop. Do not stop consuming the medicine, even if you feel better.
Missed dose of Tropan XL 5 mg
If you forget to take a dose of Tropan XL, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Remember never take a double dose to compensate the missed dose.
How should Tropan XL 5 mg be stored?
- Tropan XL tablets should be stored at room temperature.
- Do not place it in the bathroom or near a sink.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and away from pets. Avoid exposure to light, moisture, and heat.