Udiliv - 150 mg(ursodiol 300 mg)
Udiliv 150 mg (Ursodiol)
Udiliv tablets contain Ursodiol, a colon chemopreventive agent that promotes bile flow, reduces hepatic inflammation and shows antiapoptotic effect. Ursodiol is an endogenous bile acid and has been used in the treatment of liver disease for centuries.
Udiliv general information
What is Udiliv 150 mg used for?
Udiliv tablets are bile acids used for the treatment of patients with primary biliary cirrhosis, an autoimmune disease of the liver caused by damage to the bile ducts in the liver.
How does Udiliv 150 mg work?
Udiliv 150 mg contains Ursodiol, a bile acid produced by the liver, secreted and stored in the gallbladder. Ursodiol dissolves and prevents cholesterol gallstones by blocking the production of hepatic cholesterol and decreasing bile cholesterol. It also decreases the absorption of cholesterol from the intestinal tract.
What are the different doses of Udiliv?
Udiliv tablets are available to order online from premiumrxdrugs.com in doses of 150 mg and 300 mg. You can buy Udiliv 150 mg online to grab various exciting offers.
What does Udiliv 150 mg contain?
Udiliv 150 mg tablets contain the active ingredient Ursodiol, which reduces cholestatic hepatopathies in vivo and attenuates colonial epithelial secretory function. Ursodiol is orally active in nature.
What are the adverse effects of Udiliv 150 mg?
Like all drugs, Ursodiol tablets can cause side effects, although not everyone gets them. Check with your doctor if any of these common adverse effects persist or become bothersome:
- Stomach pain
- Muscle or joint pain
- Metallic taste
- Dry skin
Immediately visit your doctor, if any of these severe adverse effects occur:
- Tightness in the chest
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling of the lips, mouth, face or tongue
This is not a complete list of all adverse effects that may occur. If you have questions about adverse effects, contact your doctor.
What medications interact with Udiliv 150 mg?
Your doctor may already be aware of any possible drug interactions and may be monitoring you for them. Do not start or change the dosage of any drug without consulting your doctor. Before taking this medicine, please tell your doctor of all prescription and non prescription medicine you use, especially of: clofibrate, cholestyramine, colestipol, birth control pills, aluminium-containing antacids, and estrogen, etc.
This medication guide does not contain all possible drug interactions. Therefore, before using this drug, tell your doctor of all the medicine you use. Keep a list of all medications with you and share with your doctor.
When should Udiliv 150 mg not be used?
It should not be used in patients with known hypersensitivity to Ursodiol or any of the components of Udiliv tablets.
How should Udiliv be taken?
- Follow all directions on the prescription label. Do not take this drug in larger or smaller amount.
- You can take it with food or milk. You may need to break a tablet in half to get your correct dose. Each Udiliv tablet is scored in the middle and should break apart easily. Scored tablet provides dose flexibility and ease of swallowing. Swallow the tablet piece with one glass of water. A broken piece of a tablet can have a bitter taste.
- Take Udiliv regularly to get the most benefit. Get your prescription refilled before you run out of the drug completely.
- Do not consume an antacid that has aluminium in it or a bile acid sequestrant within one hour or two hours after you take Udiliv.
- Do not skip doses or stop using Udiliv tablets suddenly. Stopping the medicine suddenly may make your condition worse.
- You should only take the number of tablets that you have been told. Visit your nearest medical centre immediately, if you think that you have taken too many Udiliv tablets by mistake.
- The dose regimen may differ from the information contained in this document. In the case of any confusion, please consult your doctor.
How long should you take Udiliv 150 mg?
Continue taking it for as long as your doctor recommends.
Missed dose of Udiliv 150 mg
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Leave the missed dose if it is almost time for your next dose. Do not take an extra dose to make up the missed one. Try to take the drug at the same time each day as this will reduce the chance of missing the dose.
How should Udiliv 150 mg be stored ?
- It should be stored at normal room temperature.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and away from pets. Avoid exposure to light, moisture, and heat.
- Do not place it in the bathroom or near a sink.
- Do not take any medicine after the expiry date, which is mentioned on the carton.
- Always keep the tablets in its original package.