Valzaar 160 mg
Valzaar is a medicine, specially formulated for treating patients with high blood pressure and other heart complications including congestive heart failure and myocardial infarction. The medicine should be taken in combination with a healthy diet and exercise to get the best possible results. One should not take this medicine if allergic to its active ingredient Valsartan. The high blood pressure drug is not for children under 6 years of age. According to manufacturers, the time required for this hypertensive medicine to show its action is two hours. Valsartan cause blood vessels to relax, which in turn reduce the blood pressure. It makes the heart works better. The medicine is manufactured by Torrent Pharmaceuticals, one of the well-known pharmaceutical companies.
Clinical uses of Valzaar 160 mg
Valzaar is used to treat high blood pressure and chest pain. High blood pressure increases the risk of heart problems and these tablets effectively reduce the risk of stroke and heart attack by controlling the blood pressure levels, which helps the heart to work better. In this way, it reduces the risk of death after a heart attack. The oral treatment reduces symptoms of breathlessness and increases the life expectancy. One should continue taking the medicine for as long as recommended to keep the blood pressure down to normal levels. It improves the survival rate of people with left ventricular dysfunction after a heart attack.
The medicine should be taken under the supervision of a health care specialist. Once the medicine has been prescribed to you, be sure to take it exactly as it is mentioned on your prescription. Never exceed your dosage as it can lead to ever complications. The medicine is for oral consumption, you can take it before or after consuming food. Take it regularly without missing a dose. Your health care provider may occasionally change the doses to make sure to get the best control over your blood pressure levels.
Possible Side Effects of Valzaar
These are the common side effects of Valzaar 160 mg:
- Chills, fever
- Back pain
- Fast heartbeat
- Weakness in arms, legs, and feets
- Nasal congestion
- A sore throat
- Difficult or painful urination
- Stomach pain
- Acid or sour stomach
- Low blood pressure may occur in patients who are treated with high doses of diuretics.
- The use of Valzaar tablets may increase potassium levels in the blood. The patient should be monitored for kidney function and potassium levels. This medicine should be used with precautions
- Caution should be exercised in patients with poor blood circulation diabetes, angioedema, and allergic reactions.
- Do not take Valzaar if you are allergic to Valsartan or any other ingredients of the medicine.
- Dose adjustment is required in patients with liver disease. Please talk to your health care provider.
- The medicine cannot be safe for you if you are pregnant.
The following drugs may interact with Valsartan and cause your drug to not work properly:
- Birth control pills
- Potassium glycerophosphate