Veltam Plus 0.4 mg 0.5 mg
|Strength||0.4 mg + 0.5 mg|
|Generic Name||Tamsulosin + Dutasteride|
Veltam Plus(0.4 mg 0.5 mg) Tamsulosin Dutasteride
Veltam plus is adrug that contain Tamsulosin and Dutasteride as the two main active ingredients. It is generally used to treat adult men with enlarged prostrate due to which difficulty in urination is caused. It belongs to the category of selective antagonist.
What is Veltam Plus used for?
The combination medicine Veltam Plus (0.4 0.5 mg) is used for the treatment of the signs and symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). BPH is a noncancerous enlargement of the prostate gland in men. The word hyperplasia means enlargement that is not cancerous. It is also called Benign Enlargement of Prostate (BEP).
How does Veltam Plus works?
Tamsulosin, the active ingredient of Veltam Plus (0.4 0.5 mg) is a selective antagonist at alpha-1A and alpha-1B-adrenoceptors in the prostate, prostatic capsule, prostatic urethra, and bladder neck. At least three discrete alpha1-adrenoceptor subtypes have been identified: alpha-1A, alpha-1B and alpha-1D; their distribution differs between human organs and tissue. Approximately 70% of the alpha1-receptors in human prostate are of the alpha-1A subtype. Blockage of these receptors causes relaxation of smooth muscles in the bladder neck and prostate, and thus decreases urinary outflow resistance in men.
Dutasteride, another active component inhibits the conversion of testosterone to 5 alpha-dihydrotestosterone (DHT), which is the androgen primarily responsible for the initial development and subsequent enlargement of the prostate gland. Testosterone is converted to DHT by the enzyme 5 alpha-reductase, which exists as 2 isoforms, type 1 and type 2. Dutasteride is a competitive and specific inhibitor of both type 1 and type 2 5 alpha-reductase isoenzymes, with which it forms a stable enzyme complex. Dissociation from this complex has been evaluated under in vitro and in vivo conditions and is extremely slow. Dutasteride does not bind to the human androgen receptor.
Where to buy Veltam plus online?
Veltam plus tablets are available to order online from premiumrxdrugs.com in 0.4�.5 mg strength. Buy Veltam Plus (0.4 0.5 mg) online at an absolute lowest price.
What are the different side effect of Veltam plus?
There are several significant side effects of this drug which are as follows decreased libido, gynecomastia, impotence, testicular, pain, urticaria, reduction in the volume of ejaculate, rash, nausea, diarrhea, swelling of the face and lips.
What medicines interact with Veltam plus?
It is important that you make known to your physician all the medications you use as there are several medicines which are found to interact with this drug which are as follows:
- Acid blocking drugs
- Erectile dysfunction drugs
- Other benign prostatic hyperplasia drugs
When should Veltam plus not be used?
You should not use Veltam plus (0.4 0.5 mg) if you are:
- Veltam Plus is not suitable for women. Therefore, it should not be taken by this population.
- Before starting the treatment with Veltam Plus, appropriate evaluation should be performed to identify other conditions such as stricture disease, infection, hypotonic bladder, prostate cancer, or other neurogenic disorders that might mimic BPH.
- Caution should be used in the administration of Veltam Plus tablets in those patients with impaired liver function.
- The signs and symptoms of orthostasis (vertigo, dizziness, and postural hypotension) have been reported more frequently in patients taking Veltam Plus tablets.
- Like other alpha adrenergic drugs, there is a potential risk of syncope (temporary loss of consciousness caused by a fall in blood pressure) reactions.
- Patients starting treatment with Veltam Plus tablets should avoid situations where injury could result in syncope.
- The intraoperative floppy syndrome has also been reported during cataract surgery in some patients treated with Veltam Plus.
- Priapism (persistent and painful erection of the penis) may also occur during treatment with Veltam Plus. Because this health problem can lead to permanent impotence if not properly treated, patients must be advised of the seriousness of the condition.
- Patients are advised not to donate blood until six months of the last dose.
How should Veltam plusbe used?
The medicine should be taken as prescribed by your physician. If possible, take the dose at a particular time each day; this will minimize the probability of a missed dose. Generally the dosage is decided by the doctor according to the intensity of the problem. Never overdose or under-dose, instead, take the prescribed dosage.
How long should you use Veltam plus?
The medicine should be taken for as long as the doctor has recommended. It should be consumedorally. It is advised to use this medication exactly as per your doctor’s instructions.
Missed dose of Veltam Plus.
If you miss one dose of Veltam plus, you should not attempt to double your next dose. Just do follow the regular dosing schedule.
How should Veltam Plus be stored?
Veltam plus should be stored at controlled room temperature away from heat, moisture and temperature and in an airtight container.