|Manufacturer||Hetero Labs Ltd|
Voritrol 200 mg is indicated for use in treating certain fungal infections in your blood and body.
These infections are called:
- Aspergillosis - prescribed for adults and paediatric patients two years of age and older to treat Aspergillosis (an infection caused by Aspergillus).
- Esophageal candidiasis - prescribed to adults and pediatric patients (two years of age and older) for the treatment of candidemia (presence of candida species in the bloodstream) in non-neutropenic patients and the candida infections (infections in skin and infections in the abdomen bladder wall, and kidney).
- Scedosporium and Fusariosis - used to treat serious fungal infections caused by Scedosporium apiospermum in adults and pediatric patients (two years of age and older) intolerant to other therapy.
How to use
Voritrol 200 mg should be taken as per the prescription. Take the dose at least an hour before or at least an hour after meals. The medicine is usually taken every twelve hours. Follow your doctor’s instructions on when to take it. If you miss a dose of Voritrol, take it when you remember. If it has been more than six hours since you missed your dose, avoid taking the missed dose. Take Voritrol at the next regular dosing time.
You can discuss the risk and benefits of taking methotrexate tablets with doctors before you begin treatment, and you will be able to make an informed decision.
Voritrol is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to Voriconazole or its active ingredient.
Caution should be used when prescribing Voriconazole to patients with hypersensitivity to other azoles. Coadministration of Voritrol, 200mg with sirolimus, is contraindicated because Voriconazole significantly increases the concentration in healthy individuals.
Avoid the following activities while taking this medicine:
- Night driving because Voriconazole may cause vision problems like blurry vision.
- If you have any change in your eyesight, driving completely or using dangerous machinery.
- Exposure to sunlight as your skin may burn more easily, and your eyes may hurt in bright sunlight.
Side effects of Voritrol 200 mg
Common side effects with Voritrol 200 mg include eyesight changes include, nausea, diarrhoea, chills, fever, breathing problems, stomach pains, infection in your blood, and swelling in your arms and legs. These are not all the possible side effects of Voriconazole. Voriconazole may cause serious side effects, including:
- Liver problems - Symptoms of liver problems include itchy skin, tiredness, nausea, or vomiting, yellowing of your eyes, feeling tired and flu-like symptoms.
- Vision changes - Symptoms of vision change may include blurred vision, changes in how you see colours, and sensitivity to light.
- Serious heart problems - Voriconazole can cause a change in your heart rate and rhythm, including stopping the heart (cardiac arrest).
- Kidney problems - Voritrol may cause new or worse problems with kidney function, including kidney failure. Your doctor should check your kidney function while you are receiving Voriconazole and will decide if you can keep taking the medicine.
Call your doctor immediately if you have developed any of the above symptoms.