Capecitabine is converted by the liver and cancer cells to another drug called 5-FU. It is 5 Fluorouracil that acts to kill or stop the growth of abnormal cells or cancer cells. Buy Xeloda 500 mg online, and get the best price of the product
Out Of Stock
Xeloda 500 mg (Capecitabine)
Xeloda 500 mg is a nucleoside metabolic inhibitor with antineoplastic activity. It is a prodrug that is enzymatically converted to fluorouracil in the body. Capecitabine is the main medicinal substance contained in the Xeloda 500 mg tablets.
Xeloda 500 mg general information
What is Xeloda 500 mg used for?
Xeloda 500 mg is a prescription medicine used to treat patients with:
- Colon cancer that has spread to lymph nodes in the area close to the colon, after they have surgery.
- Colorectal cancer that has spread to other parts of the body.
- Breast cancer that has spread to other parts of the body along with another drug, called Docetaxel after treatment with certain anticancer drugs have not worked.
- Metastatic breast cancer that has not improved after treatment with Paclitaxel and certain other anticancer drugs, or who cannot receive any more therapy with certain anti-cancer drugs.
How does Xeloda 500 mg work?
Capecitabine is converted by the liver and cancer cells to another drug called 5-FU. It is 5 Fluorouracil that acts to kill or stop the growth of abnormal cells or cancer cells. Buy Xeloda 500 mg online, and get the best price of the product.
What are the different doses of Xeloda 500 mg?
Xeloda 500 mg is available to order online from premiumrxdrugs.com in 500 mg strength. You can buy Xeloda 500 mg online at unbeatable price.
How should Xeloda 500 mg be taken?
- The drug, Capecitabine is present in the tablet form. Take it with a full glass of water within 30 minutes after having your food.
- Take the tablet exactly as prescribed by the doctor. Do not alter the dosing schedule.
- When given alone, 1250 mg/m2 twice every day is the preferred dose for 14 days followed by 7 days rest period.
- When given along with Docetaxel, 1250 mg/m2 twice every day for 14 days followed by a 7-day rest period, together with Docetaxel at 75 mg/m2 as a one-hour intravenous infusion every 21 days.
- The dose regimen varies from patient to patient; it depends on the age, weight, and condition of the patients.
- Take Caxeta tablets strictly according to your doctor’s instruction. Do not alter the dosage plan unless your physician advises you to do so.
- Take the medicine regularly to get the best results.
- To help you remember, take the tablets at the same time, each day.
- In some cases, the condition may become worse when the intake of the medicine is stopped suddenly. Your dose may need to be slowly decreased.
- Overdose: Immediately telephone your doctor, if you think that you or anyone else may have consumed too much medicine. Do this even if there are no symptoms of discomfort or poisoning. You may require urgent medical attention.
- Take the tablets for as long as your physician recommends.
Missed dose of Xeloda 500 mg
If you have forgotten a dose, take it as soon you remember and go back to your usual dosing schedule. If the time to take the next dose is near, leave the forgotten dose and take the next dose. Do not double the dose to compensate the forgotten one.
What are the side effects of Xeloda 500 mg ?
Like other medicines, Xeloda 500 mg may cause adverse effects. Seek medical attention, in case the given troubles arise:
- Pain in the abdomen
Some serious and rare adverse effects that need serious consideration are listed below:
- Pain in the chest
- Breathing problems
- Severe skin infections
- Decreased platelets, WBCs, and RBCs
- Unusual weight gain
- Irregular heartbeats
What medications interact with Xeloda 500 mg ?
Avoid consuming Xeloda 500 mg, if you are taking the medicines that are given below:
- CYP2C9 substrates
You should avoid Capecitabine in the following conditions:
- If you are hypersensitive to the drug, or its components.
- If you are suffering from serious kidney problems.
Talk to your doctor before taking Capecitabine:
- If you are a woman of childbearing potential. You should discuss the positives and negatives of taking Capecitabine, at the time of pregnancy
- If you are a nursing woman. Breastfeeding women are advised not to take Capecitabine without consulting the doctor, as it may pass into the breast milk and harm the nursing baby
- If you have a background of CAD (Coronary artery disease)
- If you are suffering from liver problems. The patient should be monitored regularly
- Be careful while giving Xeloda 500 mg to an elderly patient.
- Do not forget to see the expiry date of the product.
- Store the tablets in a dry place and out of the direct light.
- It should be stored at a room temperature.
- Place the medicine away from infants.
- Do not share your medicines with your near and dear ones.
- Always keep the written record of your medications.
- Always keep the tablets in its original pack only.