Zidovir 300 mg
Zidovir 300 mg (Zidovudine)
Zidovir 300 mg contains Zidovudine as an active ingredient. Zidovudine belongs to a class of nucleoside reverse-transcriptase inhibitor (NRTI). It is a blood brain barrier permeable. Zidovudine is an antiretroviral medicine used to treat HIV infection. It is used along with other HIV medications to treat HIV.
What is Zidovir 300 mg used for?
Zidovir 300 mg is used:
- To treat Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV-1) infection.
- To prevent Maternal-fetal HIV-1 transmission.
Buy Zidovir 300 mg online for the treatment and prevention of HIV infection.
How does Zidovir work?
Zidovir works by blocking an HIV enzyme called, HIV reverse transcriptase. By doing this, it prevents HIV from replicating and decreases the amount of HIV in the blood.
What are the different doses of Zidovir?
Zidovir is available to order online from premiumrxdrugs.com. You can buy Zidovir 300 mg online at an unbeatable price.
How should Zidovir be taken?
- Zidovir comes in the form of a capsule. Taking Zidovir capsule, with a glass of water will help you to swallow it.
- To treat HIV infection in adults: The usual dose of Zidovir is 600 mg/ day, and it should be taken in divided doses. It is to be taken together with other antiretrovirals agents.
- To treat HIV in pediatrics who aged 4 -<18 years, the dosage regimen is based upon the body weight. Your doctor will prescribe this medicine according to the weight of your child. Alternatively, treatment with Zidovir may also be based on body surface area for every child. The usual dose is of Zidovudine is 480mg/m2 in divided doses (240 mg/m2 two times a day or 160 mg/m2 three times a day).
- For the prevention of mother-to-child HIV-1 transmission:
Maternal Dosing- The usual dose of Zidovir is 100 mg five times a day, until the labor start. During labor and delivery, 2mg/kg of the medicine should be administered intravenously over one hour followed by 1 mg/kg/hour until clamping of the navel string.
Neonatal Dosing: The usual dose of Zidovir is 2 mg/kg every 6 hours starting within twelve hours after the birth of a child, and the treatment should be continued for 6 weeks of age. In neonates, Zidovir should be administered intravenously at 1.5 mg/kg, infused over 30 minutes every six hours.
- Do not take more or less amount of capsule than your doctor has prescribed.
- Do not stop taking the capsules without asking your doctor.
- Take the medicine continuously as long as your doctor recommends you. Zidovir is a drug that prevents further damage caused by the HIV, but it does not cure your condition. You should not stop taking the drug and continue taking it, even if you feel better. Because stopping the intake of the drug may reverse your improving condition.
- Overdose: If you accidently take an extra capsule, call your doctor or hospital casualty department immediately.
Missed dose of Zidovir:
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Leave the missed dose, if it is almost time for your next dose. Do not take an extra dose to make up the missed one. Try to take the drug on the same day as this reduces the chance of missing the dose.
What are Side effects of Zidovir?
Like all drugs, Zidovir can cause side-effects although, not everyone gets them. Contact your doctor, if any of the following symptoms appear:
- Blurred vision
Some side effects of Zidovir can be serious. Call your doctor immediately, if you experience:
- Numbness, tingling or burning sensation
- Liver problems
- Skin rashes
The side effects that are mentioned above are not the only ones that you may experience due to Zidovir. If you get any serious adverse effects due to Zidovir, call your doctor right away.
What medications interact with Zidovir?
The following medicines should be avoided, in case doctor recommends you Zidovir to avoid possible drug interactions.
- Sulfa drugs
- Sulfa drugs
When should Zidovir not be used?
Talk to your doctor, before taking Zidovir if:
- You are allergic to Zidovir, or any of the ingredients of Zidovudine
- You drink or have drunk a large amount of alcohol
- You have Anaemia
- You have epilepsy
- You are pregnant or planning to become pregnant. You need to discuss the risks and benefits of taking the medicine during pregnancy
- You are or will be breastfeeding
- You may feel dizzy while driving or using machines. Try not to involve in a motor activity.
How should Zidovir be stored?
- Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep the drug out of the reach of children and away from pets
- Always check the expiry date on the cover of the medicine