Zo 200 mg
Zo 200 mg (Ofloxacin)
Zo comprises of the main active ingredient Ofloxacin, a quinolone antibiotic. Ofloxacin is used to treat infections of the skin and soft tissues, lungs (including pneumonia), the male and female urogential tract and, kidneys. This is a FDA approved drug since 1990 and works by killing the infection causing bacteria. It does not work for colds, flu or other viral and fungal infections. Zo is available in the form of tablets of various strengths and is indicated for the treatment of adults with mild to moderate infections (unless otherwise indicated).
Oflox 200 general information
What is Zo 200 used for?
Ofloxacin, the active ingredient of Zo 200, falls into the category of quinolone group of antibiotics. This drug is helpful in combating a large variety of bacterial infections including infections of skin and soft tissues, chest, urine and some sexually transmitted infections. Some infections can go away with a single tablet, others require a course of treatment lasting for a week or more.
How does Zo 200 work?
Zo 200 comprises of the active ingredient Ofloxacin, which is an antibiotic of the quinolone class. The active ingredient of this drug works by blocking the DNA replication of the bacteria. This prevents the growth of the bacteria as well as the infection caused by it.
Where to buy Zo 200 mg tablets online?
Zo 200 mg tablets are accessible for purchase online from premiumrxdrugs.com. You can buy Zo 200 mg tablets online at an absolute low price as it does not put a burden on your pocket.
What does Zo 200 contain?
Zo 200 mainly consists of the active ingredient Ofloxacin, which is an antibiotic agent. The active ingredient fights bacterial infections of the skin, lungs, urinary tract or prostate (bladder and kidneys). It is also useful in the treatment of pelvic inflammatory disease and sexually transmitted diseases (Chlamydia, gonorrhoea).
What are the side effects of Zo 200?
Nausea, diarrhoea, upset stomach, headache, light-headedness, dizziness or trouble sleeping are some of the common symptoms of the drug. Tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly if any of these effects persist.
Inform your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following serious side effects of this drug:
- sun sensitivity (sunburn-like skin reaction)
- persistent sore throat
- easy bruising or bleeding
- new infection
- unusual change in the amount of urine
- severe headache
- vision and hearing problems
- severe dizziness
- fast or irregular heartbeat
- mental or mood changes including anxiety, confusion, hallucinations, depression, rare thoughts of suicide.
- signs of liver problem including yellowing of eyes or skin, stomach or abdominal pain, unusual tiredness, persistent nausea or vomiting, dark urine.
Prolonged use of this medication may cause oral thrush or a new yeast infection. Contact your doctor or physician immediately if you notice white patches in your mouth, a change in vaginal discharge, or other fresh symptoms.
What medications interact with Zo 200?
- Ofloxacin belongs to the same class of antibiotics as Levoflox. Do not use medications containing Levofloxacin while using this drug.
- The active ingredient of this drug may affect the heart rhythm (QT prolongation).
- This drug may have an effect on hormonal birth control such as ring, patch, or pills and decrease their effectiveness. This could result in pregnancy.
- Some products like blood thinners (such as Warfarin, acenocoumarol) and strontium may interact with this drug.
Before starting this medication, tell your doctor and pharmacist about all the products used by you including prescription/non-prescription drugs and herbal products.
When should Zo 200 not be used?
This medication requires extra care while using. It should not be used if:
- you are allergic to it or to other quinolone antibiotics including Levofloxacin, Ciprofloxacin, etc
- you have a medical history of kidney disease, liver disease, myasthenia gravis, joint or tendon problems(such as bursitis, tendonitis), seizure disorders and, conditions that increase your risk of seizures (such as brain tumours, brain or head injury)
- you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breast-feed
How should Zo 200 be used?
You can take ofloxacin before or after meals. It is convenient to swallow the tablets with a drink of water.
Take this medication exactly as your doctor tells you to as the dosage of the drug may vary from person to person and condition to condition.
How long should you use Zo 200?
Zo 200 should be used for as long as instructed by the doctor.
Missed dose of Zo 200?
In case you miss a dose of Levoflox Zo 200, take it before long. However, if it’s almost time for the subsequent dose, skip the missed dose and tag along your regular dosing schedule. Do not compensate for the missed dose.
How should Zo 200 be stored?
Store it at room temperature away from moisture, direct light and, heat. Do not freeze this medicine. Keep it away from the reach of children and pets.