Zonisep 100mg (Zonisamide)
Zonisep 100 mg is a sulphonamide anti-convulsant medicine used in the treatment of generalized and partial both types of seizures. The drug is used along with other medicines. Zonisamide is a member of the anti-convulsants group of medicines.
The active ingredient contained in the Zonicep 100 mg capsule is Zonisamide.
What is Zonisep 100mg used for?
Zonisep 100mg as an anti-convulsant medicine used to treat both types of seizures; partial and generalized. It is also known as a sulfa drug used along with other medicines to treat generalized and partial seizures. Zonisep helps to prevent seizures.
Convulsions occur due to the abnormal electrical activity in the brain.
Zonicep capsules are used for the treatment of seizures, and these tablets are available on our website. Buy Zonicep 100 mg online from our website, premiumrxdrugs.com.
How does Zonisep work?
Zonisep blocks the sodium and calcium channels. It works by increasing the GABA production. GABA is a neurotransmitter that blocks the excitation of neurons. Zonisamide also slows down the breakdown of GABA.
What are the different doses of Zonisep?
Zonisep is present in 100 mg strength. One can also buy Zonicep 100 mg online from our website, premiumrxdrugs.com.
How should Zonisep be taken?
Zonisep is available in the capsule form. It may be taken once or twice in a day with or without food or as recommended by the physician.
Do not open the outer covering of the capsule. Avoid crushing or chewing it, in fact, swallow it with a full glass of water.
Do not stop the intake of the medicine on your own. Take the medicine as long as recommended by your physician.
- Overdose: The symptoms of an overdose are blurred vision, speech problem, drowsiness, stomach pain, agitation, drowsiness, nausea, and vomiting.
Missed Dose of Zonisep:
Avoid missing dose. Try to take the drug daily at the same time as this reduces the chance of missing dose. If missed the dose, call your doctor but do not double up the dose to recompensate the missed dose.
What are Side effects of Zonisep?
Some of the common adverse effects of the medicine are as follows:
- Painful urination
- Missed menstrual period
- Swollen hands, lower legs, and feets
Call you physician in above health conditions. You may also experience side effects other than these; in that case, immediately visit a hospital.
What medications interact with Zonisep?
Inform your doctor about the following medicines:
- St. John's wort
Tell your doctor about other medicines that you are taking except Zonisep as they may interact with it and cause adverse effects.
When should Zonisep not be used?
What you should remember while taking the medicine:
- If you are allergic to the medicine, avoid taking it.
- Before taking the medicine, inform the doctor if you have ever had such disease liver or kidney disease, mental disorder, breathing problems, and diarrhea.
- Avoid driving while consuming Zonisep. Driving may cause drowsiness as this type of motor activity involves a high degree of mental alertness.
- The drug makes you sweat less, its administration increases the probability of getting a heatstroke.
- Women of reproductive potential are advised not to take Zonisep during pregnancy. Before taking the drug, you need to discuss the benefits and risks of the medicine during the pregnancy period. It should be avoided by the breastfeeding women as it can transfer to the baby through breast milk and cause harmful effects in the body of the newly born baby.
- While taking Zonisamide young children may observe metabolic imbalance and heatstroke. Immediately consult your physician.
How should Zonisep be stored?
- Avoid using expired medicines.
- Keep the medicine at a room temperature. It should be kept away from the moisture and heat.
- Try to keep the records of all your medications.
- Try to follow the same dosage plan, do not change it
- Follow your doctor’s advice, in case of any diet or activity restriction.
- Do not share the drug with anybody even if they have the same signs.