Zytanix– 2.5 mg (Metolazone)
Zytanix helps to keep your blood pressure under control as well as reduce the risk of hypertension associated conditions such as heart failure, stroke, heart attack, and kidney disorders. Its active ingredient is Metolazone, which is a diuretic. The medicine increases the amount of urine, which is responsible for losing water and salt from the body. It is prescribed to reduce the swelling and water retention caused by kidney or heart disorders. The drug may also be used for conditions not mentioned in this document, ask your physician if you have any questions related to usage of the medicine.
What is Zytanix used for?
Zytanix is prescribed to treat mild to moderate hypertension. It may also be used with other hypertensive agents to lower blood pressure. The drug is also indicated for the treatment of edema associated with heart failure or the nephrotic syndrome.
How does Zytanix work?
Zytanix contains the active component Metolazone, which works by increasing excretion of water and sodium by inhibiting re-absorption in the distal tubule. It promotes excretion of magnesium, chloride, bicarbonate, and potassium. The drug may produce arteriolar dilation. In this way, it lowers the blood pressure in hypertensive patients as well as diuresis with the subsequent mobilization of edema.
Where to buy Zytanix online?
You can buy Zytanix tablets in 2.5 mg strength only at premiumrxdrugs.com at the lowest price as compared to any other local or online pharmacy store along with fast delivery options.
What does Zytanix contain?
Zytanix for oral administration contains 2.5 mg of Metolazone, an antihypertensive agent of the quinazoline class. Each tablet delivers 2.5 mg of the active constituent to the patient, which helps reduce blood pressure and keep it under control.
What are the side effects of Zytanix?
The side effects of the medicine are as follows:
- Central nervous system: lethargy, drowsiness, fatigue, depression, syncope, vertigo, headache, restlessness, impotence, neuropathy, lightheadedness, paresthesia.
- Gastrointestinal issues: vomiting, cramping, nausea, anorexia, pancreatitis, bloating, drug-induced hepatitis.
- Hematological issues: blood dyscrasias, leukopenia, aplastic anemia, thrombocytopenia, agranulocytosis.
- Musculoskeletal disorders: Muscle cramps, joint pain, acute gouty attacks, muscular spasm.
- Dermatological problems: rashes, photosensitivity, urticaria, toxic epidermal necrolysis, purpura, cutaneous vasculitis, Steven Johnson syndrome.
- Cardiovascular symptoms: hypotension, chest pain, palpitations, venous thrombosis, excessive volume depletion.
- Metabolic system disorders: Hyperuricemia
- Miscellaneous: dehydration, hypochloremic alkalosis, hypomagnesemia, hypovolemia, hypercalcemia, dry mouth, chills, transient blurred vision.
What medications interact with Zytanix?
- The administration of Zytanix along with digoxin may increase the risk of digoxin toxicity.
- Co-administration of nitrates, other antihypertensive agents, or acute ingestion of alcohol may increase the possibility of hypotension.
- If taken with methenamine, it may decrease the effectiveness of methenamine.
- The concomitant use of stimulant laxatives may increase the risk of potassium depletion.
- Hypokalemia may occur if taken along with corticosteroids, ticarcillin, piperacillin, and amphotericin B.
When should Zytanix not be used?
- Zytanix should not be used in patients with known hypersensitivity to other sulfonamides as well as other ingredients of the formulation.
- It is not meant for use in patients with anuria (a condition in which kidneys are unable to produce urine).
- The medicine is not suitable for lactating mothers.
- The safety and efficacy have not been established in pediatric patients.
- Zytanix should be used cautiously in the following populations:
- Patients with severe hepatic impairment
- Geriatric patients
How should Zytanix be used?
- For the treatment of hypertension in adults, the recommended dose is 2.5 mg to 5 mg daily.
- For the treatment of edema in adults, the suggested dose is 5 to 20 mg daily.
- For children, 0.2 to 4.0 mg/kg daily. It should be given in divided doses 12 to 24 hours.
- Monitor daily weight, blood pressure, for edema regularly.
- For hypertension, blood pressure should be checked periodically before and during the treatment.
- Certain lab tests should be performed to determine blood glucose level, potassium level, uric acid and serum creatinine level. These tests should be done before and periodically during the treatment.
- Keep monitoring the frequency of prescription refills.
How long should Zytanix be used?
Take these 2.5 tablets as long as recommended by your physician. For the best results, please follow your guidelines provided by your physician.
Missed dose of Zytanix
If in case you miss a dose of Zytanix take it as quickly as you remember unless it is time to take the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose ever in order to compensate the missed one.
How should Zytanix be stored?
- Store at room temperature
- Protect from heat and moisture. Keep the tablets away from the reach of the children.