Alerid - 10mg
|Generic Name||Cetirizine Hcl||Expiry|
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.16||US$ 4.90|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.16||US$ 9.80|
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.16||US$ 14.70|
Alerid 10 mg (Cetirizine hydrochloride)
Alerid contains the active component Cetirizine hydrochloride, which falls into the category of drugs known as antihistamines. The medicine is useful for treating symptoms for treating symptoms of hay fever and other allergic health conditions such as sneezing, red and watery eyes, runny nose, and itchy skin. The antiallergic tablets are also helpful in treating redness, and swelling of the skin. It works effectively for adults and children over six years of age.
What is Alerid used for?
Alerid is formulated to get relief of allergic symptoms caused by histamine release, including diseases like seasonal perennial allergic rhinitis and chronic urticaria. It is formulated to get relief from the following symptoms:
- Runny nose
- House dust mites allergies
- Itchy, watery eyes
- Pets with allergies
- Itchy throat or nose
- Allergic rhinitis
How does Alerid work?
Alerid has the active ingredient Cetirizine hydrochloride, which is a selective peripheral H1 receptor antagonist. Thus, it inhibits allergic symptoms produced by histamines like cold, sneezing, urticaria, and rhinorrhea, etc. The active agent also works to stop the inflammation caused by allergies.
Where to buy Alerid online?
You can buy Alerid 10 mg online from premiumrxdrugs.com, an online drug store, at cheap rates. Ordering your prescription drugs from here is a safe and convenient option.
What does Alerid contain?
Alerid is a medicine that contains Cetirizine hydrochloride as the main ingredient. It is prepared as white, film-coated, scored 10 mg tablets. Each tablet delivers 10 mg of the active component.
Effects of alcohol on Alerid
It has been shown that the simultaneous administration of Alerid tablets and alcohol may have effects on the central nervous system. Therefore, patients are instructed not to consume alcohol while taking this anti-allergic medicine.
What are the side effects of Alerid?
Some patients taking Alerid tablets may experience side effects such as:
- Dry mouth
If any of these side effects do not go away or persist for a long time, then you may require medical attention. These conditions may require lower doses or require further changes in your dosing schedule.
What medications interact with Alerid?
- Avoid taking this medicine with other depressants of the central nervous system medications such as antidepressants, tranquilizers, sleeping pills, sedatives, etc. Concurrent use of these medications may increase adverse effects of drowsiness or can decrease responsiveness.
- Do not take antihistamine agent theophylline as it may increase the effect of Cetirizine.
- Coadministration of anticoagulants such as Acenocoumarol may increase the risk of bleeding.
When should Alerid not be taken?
- Alerid is not suitable for patients who has been demonstrated hypersensitivity to Cetirizine hydrochloride or any other components present in the medication.
- Its use is contraindicated in pregnant women and lactating mothers.
Use it with caution in the following situations:
- Patients with hepatic and renal impairment
- Pediatric patients
- Geriatric patients
How should Alerid be taken?
- For adults and children greater than six years of age- The recommended dose is 5 to 10 mg, which should be given twice daily.
- For children 2 to 5 years of age- The initial recommended dose is 2.5 mg once daily, then may be increased up to 5 mg once daily or 2.5 mg every 12 hours.
- For children up to 1 to 2 years of age- 2.5 mg is the recommended daily dose, which may be increased to 2.5 mg every 12 hours.
- Patients are instructed to take Alerid 10 mg exactly as directed. The medicine may cause drowsiness and dizziness. Therefore, patients should avoid driving and other activities that require attentiveness until a response to medication is known.
- Patients are advised to avoid consuming alcohol or other CNS depressants concurrently with this medication.
- Patients are advised to maintain good oral hygiene, consider frequent rinsing of mouth with water. Have sugarless gum or candy may minimize the problem of dry mouth. If the dry mouth persists for more than two weeks, notify your health care, specialist.
- Furthermore, contact your health care professional if dizziness occurs or if symptoms persist for a long time.
How long should you take Alerid?
Do not stop taking the tablets or change the dose without first discussing with your health care professional. Continue taking Alert 10 mg for as long as recommended.
Missed dose of Alerid
If you forget to take a dose of Alerid 10 mg, just take the next dose when you need to take and then continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take two doses to make up for the forgotten one.
How should Alerid be stored?
Keep your anti-allergic medicine away from children and pets. Store it away from heat, moisture, and light. Don't keep these tablets in the bathroom or wet places.