Fexofenadine 180mg tablet
Allegra 180 mg(Fexofenadine)
Allegra 180 mg tablets contain Fexofenadine, the carboxylic acid metabolite of terfenadine is an orally active non-sedating H1-receptor antagonist. Both enantiomers of Fexofenadine displayed approximately equipotent antihistaminic effects. Allegra tablets inhibited histamine (a nitrogenous organic compound that acts as a neurotransmitter) release from peritoneal mast cells. The natural chemical, histamine may cause symptoms of a runny nose, watery eyes, runny nose and itching. Allegra tablets have a quality of fast onset of action, as it attains its therapeutic efficacy in one hour.
What is Allegra used for?
Allegra tablets are useful to available treatments of allergic diseases with a wide margin of safety. It is effective for the relief of symptoms associated with seasonal allergic rhinitis such as rhinorrhea, lacrimation, sneezing, and pruritus. The medicine is also used for relief of symptoms of urticaria in adults and children above six months of age.
How does Allegra work?
Allegra 180 mg contains Fexofenadine, which belongs to a group of medicines called antihistamines. The enantiomers of Fexofenadine exhibits antihistamine effects with equal potencies. The drug inhibited release of histamine from mature serosal-type mast cells. No alpha1-adrenergic, beta-adrenergic-receptor, or anticholinergic blocking effects were observed in the study.
Fexofenadine blocks the receptors of histamine and, therefore, the series of events that leads to allergic symptoms works by blocking H1 receptor for histamine and, thus prevents activation of H1 receptor-containing cells by histamine.
What Allegra doses are available?
Allegra tablets are available to order online from our website premiumrxdrugs.com in doses of 30 mg, 120 mg, and 180 mg. Buy Allegra 180 mg online at unbeatable prices.
What does Allegra contain?
Each film coated Allegra tablet contains Fexofenadine hydrochloride; a second generation antihistamine agent that relieves the symptoms of seasonal and year-round allergies. It is an orally active antiallergenic drug that reduces the effects of natural chemical histamines in the body.
What are the side effects on Allegra?
Like other medicines, Allegra tablets may cause side effects. Many side effects are generally mild, and the side effects go away when you stop consuming the tablets. The possible side effects of the drug include drowsiness, nausea, headache, fatigue, and dizziness, etc.
The side effects of Allegra tablets are less common and may include:
- Trouble swallowing and breathing
- Swelling of the face, lips, throat, tongue, eyes, hands, ankles, feet, and lower legs.
If any of the side-effects get serious, or if you experience any side effects other than those mentioned here, make sure to tell your doctor.
What medications interact with Allegra?
Drugs that increase risk of side effects when taking Allegra 180 mg:
- St.John’s wort
- Anti-anxiety drugs
Ask your doctor about the full list of the drugs that may interact with Allegra 18o mg so that you can avoid taking the drugs together.
When should Allegra not be used?
Allegra 180 mg tablets should not be used in patients with known hypersensitivity to Fexofenadine or to any of the ingredients of Allegra tablets.
How should Allegra be taken?
- The doctor will describe the best dosage according to the age, condition and severity of the condition of the patient.
- The Allegra tablets should be consumed as whole with a glass of water. You can take it with or without food.
- The medicine can be taken with or without food.
- If you take antacids that contain magnesium and aluminium, do not take them at the same time as Allegra. Ask your doctor how to take them with Allegra.
- Do not change the dose or stop taking the drug without prior consultation with the doctor.
- An accidental overdose of the drug may cause certain symptoms like drowsiness and dizziness. Never avoid these symptoms and visit your doctor immediately.
Effects of Grapejuice on Allegra
Do not drink grape juice at the same time that you take Allegra as it may decrease Fexofenadine’s effectiveness. Certain other juices ( orange and apple) may also affect its working.
How long should you take Allegra?
Take Allegra 180 mg tablets for as long as your doctor recommends. do not extend your dose without doctor’s recommendation. Complete the course of treatment.
Missed dose of Allegra?
If you have forgotten a dose, take it as soon you remember and go back to your usual dosing schedule. If the time to take the next dose is near, leave the forgotten dose and take the next dose. Don’t double up the dose to compensate the missed one.
How should Allegra be stored?
- Keep Allegra 180 mg tablets out of the reach and sight of children.
- Allegra tablets do not require any special condition.
- Keep the tablets in the original pack.
- Do not use the tablets after the expiry date mentioned on the blister after EXP.
- The medicine should not be disposed of via household waste. Ask your doctor how to dispose of any unwanted drug. These effective measures will help to protect the environment.