Fexofenadine 180mg tablet
Fexova was discovered as a tablet for oral administration, each tablet contains 120 mg of Fexofenadine hydrochloride and the other excipients. This medicine treats uncomplicated skin manifestations of chronic idiopathic urticaria in adults. Urticaria is a medical term for hives (itchy raised bumps or welts on your skin). Dermatologists may also call them wheals. When hives remain over six weeks or more, they are considered chronic. And when the cause is still not understood, they are referred to as idiopathic. The skin condition can be very uncomfortable, interfering with sleep and daily activity. In chronic urticaria, the goal of treatment is to alleviate symptoms. The mainstay of therapy is the administration of antihistamines. These drugs should be taken daily; antihistamines should not be given only as needed. The active ingredient Fexofenadine belongs to a group of medicines known as antihistamines. The class of drugs helps relieve symptoms of long-term skin allergic reactions (chronic idiopathic urticaria). The symptoms include itching, rashes, and swelling. It may not be suitable for children under 12 years of age.
What are the usage instructions?
- Take Fexova exactly as your doctor has prescribed you. You should check with your doctor if you are unsure how to use the medicine.
- For adults and children aged 12 years of age and above- The recommended dose is Fexova 120 mg. You can take the tablet with water before a meal.
- If you take more of this medication, you should contact your doctor immediately. The most common signs of overdose are fatigue, drowsiness, dizziness, and dry mouth.
- In case you forget the prescribed dose, simply leave out the dose and then take your next dose at the scheduled time. Do not double up the doses to compensate for the missed one.
- Inform your doctor if you wish to stop the treatment before you have finished the course of treatment. Sudden treatment discontinuation may make your symptoms to re-appear again.
If you have further questions about the usage of Fexofenadine tablets, please consult a doctor.
What are the precautions?
- You should not take Fexova 180 mg if you have ever had an allergic reaction to fexofenadine or any other components in the tablet or if you suspect that you are allergic to any of these ingredients.
- Take special care while taking Fexofenadine tablets-Before you take the pill, you should let your doctor know if you:
-Are an elderly
-have kidney or liver impairment
-Have heart complications as fexofenadine may cause your heart to beat faster
- Taking other drugs- It is important to inform your doctor if you have recently taken medicines as they may increase or decrease the effect of Fexova tablets. Especially, inform of the following:
-Erythromycin (an antibiotic drug)
-Ketoconazole for the treatment of fungal infections
-Antacids containing magnesium and aluminium
- Your doctor may recommend you leave two hours between the time you take Fexova tablets and antacids. You may still be able to use this medicine, but only your doctor will be able to decide what’s suitable for you. Please inform your doctor if you take any other medicines, including herbal products or dietary supplements.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, suspect you might be pregnant or planning to conceive or are breastfeeding. You should take Fexofenadine formulation unless prescribed by your doctor. Antihistamines are not recommended during breastfeeding.
Side effects of Fexova 180 mg
The most common side effects in people aged 12 years and older are dizziness, back pain, headache, stomach pain and pain in the extremities.