Augmentin 625mg 500mg-125
|Generic Name||Amoxicillin Clavulanic Acid||Expiry|
Augmentin 625mg (500mg-125) (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic Acid)
Augmentin 625mg (500mg-125) is a combination medicine containing Amoxicillin and Clavulanic Acid as the main components. It is useful in treating a variety of bacterial infections. Amoxicillin is a penicillin antibiotic which works to kill bacteria by blocking the production of a chemical that is required to build the cell walls. Clavulanic acid helps antibiotics overcome some bacteria’s antibiotic resistance. To avoid the side effects it is important to use the drug under the supervision of a physician only.
Active Ingredient of Augmentin 625mg:
Augmentin comprises of two main active ingredients, namely, Clavulanic acid and Amoxicillin, which is effective for susceptible infections including acute bacterial sinusitis community, acquired pneumonia.
Usage of Augmentin 625mg:
Augment is indicated for the treatment of the following health conditions:
- Lower respiratory tract infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Otitis media
- Skin and soft tissue infections
Working Augmentin 625mg:
The medicine has two active components which work together to help the body fights against bacterial functions. This antibiotic eliminates the bacteria that cause infection.
Side Effects of Augmentin 625mg:
Some common side effects experienced by the patients using Augmentin are as follows:
- Black, hairy tongue
- A headache
- Stomach pain or Gas
Serious side effects are reported:
- Severe skin diseases or skin reaction
- Multiple infections at the same time
- Irritation or inflammation of the skin
- Clostridium difficile associated diarrhea
- Speedy vaginal discharge or itching
- Blood or bone marrow disorders like low levels of white blood cells and red blood cells
Note: Consumption of alcohol during the treatment with Augment should be avoided for several days even after the treatment.
Medications Interact with Augmentin 625mg:
- Methotrexate - Augmentin may reduce the excretion of methotrexate that causes a potential increase in toxicity.
- The use of probenecid is not recommended with Augmentin.
- Coadministration of amoxicillin can cause allergic reactions
Do not use Augmentin 625mg if you have
- History of hypersensitivity to Amoxicillin and Clavulanic Acid
- History of Augmentin associated hepatic impairment and jaundice (yellowing of eyes and skin)
- History of a severe hypersensitivity reaction
The process of consuming Augmentin 625mg:
It is important to follow all instructions from your physician. It is recommended to take the medication on a full stomach, to reduce gastrointestinal problems. Inform your physician in the following conditions if:
- Your condition does not improve after a few days of treatment.
- You experience swelling or itchiness.
- Your condition worsens than before.
- You experience severe adverse effects.
How should long Augmentin be taken?
Take Augmentin 625 mg (500 125) as long as it is recommended to you by your physician. Do not use it more than the prescribed period. Also, do not take the overdose to compensate for the missed dose, if any.
Storage of Augmentin:
The medication should be stored at controlled room temperature, in its original packet, out of the reach and sight of children. Do not refrigerate the tablets.