Persol Gel 2.5%
|Strength||2.5% (30 gm)|
|Generic Name||Benzoyl Peroxide|
Persol Gel 2.5% (Benzoyl Peroxide)
Persol gel 2.5% contains the active ingredient Benzoyl peroxide, an organic compound, which belongs to peroxide family. It is a commonly used topical treatment for mild acne. The medicine has the ability to reach the bacteria that cause the problem, and destroy them with a low risk of irritation. Benzoyl peroxide is considered as the most effective over-the-counter choice for a topical antibacterial drug in the treatment of acne. The drug is on the WHO list of essential medicines, the most important medicines required in a basic health system.
What is Persol gel 2.5% used for?
Persol gel 2.5% is a topical medication that is used to treat the problem of acne vulgaris. It comes under the class of the most frequent used acne treatment medications.
How does Persol gel work?
Persol gel 2.5% contains the active ingredient Benzoyl peroxide, an antiseptic drug that reduces the number of skin surface bacteria. Benzoyl peroxide is a topical drug that has an antibacterial effect. It has a mild drying effect that allows excess oil and dirt to get easily washed away from the skin.
What Persol gel doses are available?
Persol gel 2.5% is available to buy online from premiumrxdrugs.com in 2o gm strength. Buy Persol gel-2.5% (20 gm) online at an affordable price.
What does Perso gel contain?
Persol gel contains the active ingredient Benzoyl peroxide, which is an organic compound belonging to the family of drugs called peroxides. Each 20 gm Persol gel tube contains 2.5% of Benzoyl peroxide.
What are the side effects of Persol gel?
Almost every medication causes some side-effects. Persol gel-2.5% has some side-effects too. Tell your physician immediately the moment you realize these symptoms occur to you:
- Dryness or peeling of skin
- Feeling of warmth
- Slight stinging
- Burning, blistering, redness, or swelling of the treated area
If you experience any of these following side-effects, then stop using the medicine and immediately get emergency medical help:
- Throat tightness
- Difficulty breathing
- Feeling faint
- Swelling of the eyes, face, lips, and tongue
What medications interact with Persol gel?
The drug named Tretinoin can interact with the topical medication Persol gel-2.5%. There could be other drugs too that that may affect the potency and working of Persol gel. Make sure you consult your physician first before using any other medication.
When should Persol gel not be used?
- Never use Persol gel-2.5% topical while you use tretinoin gel. Using both the medication together may cause severe skin irritation
- Do not use the drug on the cuts, sunburned skin, or abrasions
- Avoid using this gel if you are breastfeeding unless your physician has told you otherwise. If your physician has recommended this gel while you are breastfeeding, you must not apply it onto your chest, this is to avoid exposure of your baby to this medicine
How should Persol gel be used?
- Take sufficient amount of Persol gel in your hands and apply a thin film over the affected area. Use it once or twice a day.
- Clean the area before you apply the gel on the affected part of the skin. Apply a thin film of the gel to the affected area. Wash hands properly after using the medicine.
- First, start with once daily so that you see how your skin reacts to the medication. Then follow the instructions properly to see about the exact usage information. Try to use it exactly as directed. Do not use more or less of it, or use it more often than directed by your physician.
- Consult your physician immediately the moment you realize that high quantity of Persol gel has been used.
How long should you use Persol gel2.5%
Use Persol gel-2.5% as long as it is recommended to you. Do not stop in between during the course of the treatment as it may take 4 to 6 weeks to see the effects of this medication. If the acne still does not improve after this time, call your physician.
Missed dose of Persol gel?
Always remember to take the dose on time. If you miss a dose, then use it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, then avoid taking it with a second dose.
How should Persol gel be stored?
- Store the gel at room temperature. Do not freeze it
- Keep it out of the reach of children and away from pets
- Keep the medication away from the hair or any other colored fabric as it may bleach them