|Generic Name||Doxycycline Hydrochloride|
Doxicip 100 mg (Doxycycline Hydrochloride)
Doxicip 100 mg capsules contain Doxycycline Hydrochloride, a broad spectrum synthetic antibiotic, belonging to the class of tetracyclines with pronounced bacteriostatic activity. Doxicip possesses broad antimicrobial spectrum, similar to tetracycline. It is used in the treatment of various types of infections caused by protozoa and bacteria.
What is Doxicip used for?
Doxicip 100 mg is used for the treatment of chest, endocervical, urethral or rectal infections in adults caused by susceptible organs. The medicine may also be a useful adjunct to amoebicides in acute intestinal amoebiasis and has a place as a combination therapy for severe acne. Doxcip is active against the following organisms:
- Haemophilis ducreyi
- The spirochetal agent of relapsing fever
- Mycoplasma pneumonia
- Chlamydia trachomatis
- Agents of granuloma inguinale and lymphogranuloma venereum
- Rickettsiae: rocky mountain spotted
- Pasteurella tularensis, Bartonella bacilliformis, Vibriocomma and Vibrio fetus, Vibriocomma and Vibrio fetus, and Brucella species
- Fever, typus fever, rickettsial pox, Q fever, and tick fevers
Doxicip may be active against the following organisms although this should be confirmed by sensitivity testing since many strains are resistant.
- Enterobacter aerogenes
- Herellea species and Mima species
- Neisseria gonorrhoeae
- Streptococcus pneumoniae
- Haemophilis influenza
- Shigella species
- Escherichia coli
- Staphylococcus aureus in respiratory, skin or soft tissue infection.
- Klebsiella species
- Escherichia coli
How does Doxicip work?
Doxicip 100 mg contains Doxycycline Hydrochloride, which belongs to a group of medications called tetracyclines. Doxycycline stops the synthesis of cellular proteins of the bacteria by following ways:
- It adheres to 30 S and 50 S ribosomal units and stops the translocation process.
- It also blocks the attachment of aminoacyl-tRNA to the mRNA.
- Doxycycline reduces the fatty acid concentration suppresses the anaerobic bacterial growth responsible for acne i.e. Propionibacterium acnes found in follicles and sebaceous glands.
What Doxicip doses are available?
Doxicip capsules are available for purchasing online from premiumrxdrugs.com in 100 mg strength.
What does Doxicip contain?
The active ingredient that makes the capsule work is Doxycycline Hydrochloride. It was discovered in 1967, and it is on the WHO’s list of important medicines that are needed for the basic health system.
What are the effects of alcohol on doxicip?
The intake of alcohol may reduce the effect of your medicine. It is therefore advised not to consume alcohol during the treatment with Doxicip.
What are the side effects of Doxicip?
Just like other normal drugs Doxicip 100 mg too has some common side effects. These side effects are not necessarily seen in all the people, but are the common ones. Here are the common side effects:
• Stained teeth
• Hemolytic anemia
• Skin rashes
• Skin rashes
Do not get alarmed by the list of side effects as you may or may not have all of them. These side effects are not necessarily to occur at the same time. You may or may not have any of these side effects. In case you feel extreme discomfort, you should always visit your doctor.
What medications interact with Doxicip?
Many drugs can interact with Doxicip to create adverse health issues. One should thus, avoid these drugs in combination with Doxicip:
• Sodium pico sulfate
• Iron salts
• Sodium bicarbonate
The list is not complete, ask your doctor to provide you the complete list of drugs that may negatively interact with Doxicip and avoid these drugs. If you are already taking these drugs, then inform your doctor about it.
When should Doxicip not be used?
Doxicip should not be used if :
- You are allergic to Doxycycline Hydrochloride, or any other ingredients of Doxicip capsules
- Your children is under 12 years of age
- You are a pregnant woman
- You are a nursing mother
How should Doxicip be taken?
Doxicip 100 mg is a prescription drug. The dose of the drug depends on the condition of the patient, and the type of illness. One should take the capsule as prescribed by the doctor. You can take the drug with or without food by mouth. Do not break or crush the capsules. Never stop the dose or change the dose without your doctor's advice as it may cause adverse reactions or withdrawal symptoms.
How long should you take Doxicip?
Do not stop treatment early as your infection may return if you do not complete the course of treatment. The capsules should be taken for as long as recommended by your doctor.
Missed dose of Doxicip
In case you miss a dose do not panic and take the dose as soon as you remember, but if it is less 12 hours left for the dose of this drug then leave the missed dose and take the next dose at the correct time.
How should Doxicip be stored?
- Keep Doxicip 100 mg capsules out of the reach and sight of children
- Do not use the medicine after the expiry date shown on the carton.