|Strength||50 mcg + 20 mcg (200 mdi) Inhaler|
|Generic Name||Levosalbutamol + Ipratropium Bromide|
Duolin Inhaler 50 mcg / 20 mcg (Combivent Inhaler Alternative)
Duolin Inhaler a combination drug (Combivent Generic) of Levosalbutamol and Ipratropium Bromide are to be administered to patients with asthma where the use of a combination medicine is appropriate. It is also very effective for symptomatic treatment of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and a history of repeated exacerbations, with significant signs despite regular therapy with long-lasting bronchodilators.
What is Duolin Inhaler used for?
Duolin Inhaler is a combination medicine containing Levosalbutamol and Ipratropium Bromide used in the management of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. It contains two active pharmaceutical ingredients delivered through a single inhaler and it is alternative of Combivent Inhaler (Combivent Generic).
How does Duolin Inhaler work?
Duolin Inhaler generic Combivent contains two active ingredients: Levosalbutamol and Ipratropium Bromide.
Levosalbutamol result in relaxation of muscles in the walls of the airways and dialate them and thereby eases breathing.
Ipratropium belongs to a class of drugs called anticholinergics or parasympatholytic agents. Ipratropium helps in opening the air passages to the lungs and making breathing easier and providing relief from asthma and associated conditions.
Where to buy Duolin Inhaler 50 mcg / 20 mcg?
Duolin Inhaler is available to buy online from premiumrxdrugs.com in the following strength:
- Duolin Inhaler 50 mcg / 20 mcg
What does Duolin Inhaler contain?
The combination formulation Duolin contains Levosalbutamol and Ipratropium Bromide as the main active ingredients.
What are the side effects of Duolin inhaler?
Duolin inhaler may or may not have side effects associated with it. Many people don’t experience any side effects or allergic reactions after using the inhaler. But your case may be different. If you get any of the common side effects such as coughing, aphthae, trembling, insomnia, mild throat irritation, headache, oral candidiasis, hoarseness, and heartbeat acceleration, etc.
You should also call your physician or seek emergency medical attention in case of these rare, but serious side effects:
- Difficulty falling asleep
- Muscular cramps
- Chest pain
- Face bloatedness
- High blood sugar level
- Steroid psychosis
What medications interact with Duolin Inhaler?
- Concomitant oral administration of Ketoconazole caused an eightfold increase in the systematic exposure to Duolin Inhaler -1 mg per 2 ml. If treatment with inhibitors of CYP3A4 activity like itraconazole, indinavir, ritonavir, erythromycin, saquinavir, etc. is indicated, reduction of the dose should be considered.
- Do not take it with antacids and cholesterol-lowering medicines such as cholestyramine. These drugs may reduce the effectiveness of Levosalbutamol and Ipratropium Bromide when taken at the same time. If you need to consume these drugs, take them at least two hours before or after using Duolin inhaler.
Tell your physician if you are taking any other drugs, especially those mentioned here:
- Antibiotics such as doxycycline, clarithromycin, telithromycin, isoniazid, and troleandomycin
- Heart medicines such as verapamil, quinidine, nicardipine, etc.
Always inform your physician if you are taking any other medicines, including herbal supplements, tonics, and drugs that you buy without a prescription.
When should Duolin Inhaler not be used?
- Duolin Inhaler 50 mcg / 20 mcg should not be used in patients with known hypersensitivity to Budesonide Formoterol fumarate.
- It is not recommended for use in children less than five years of age.
- It is contraindicated in status asthmatics and acute attack of asthma.
How should Duolin Inhaler be used?
- For the treatment of asthma: The recommended dosage of patients 18 years and older is one to two inhalations twice daily with a maximum of four inhalations two times daily. For adolescents of 12 to 17 years of age, the suggested dosage is two inhalations two times daily, whereas for children 6 to 11 years, the recommended dosage of Duolin is two inhalations twice daily.
- For the treatment of COPD: The suggested dosage for patients 18 years and older is two inhalations twice a day.
- Always wash your mouth with water after using Duolin inhaler, to prevent a fungal infection in the mouth of the throat. While using this inhaler, your physician may need to check your vision and bone mineral density.
Follow all instructions on your prescription label and patient instructions for use.
How long should you use Duolin Inhaler?
You should continue to use Duolin Inhaler for as long as recommended by your physician. Continue to use this medicine as your physician has told you, even if you start feeling better.
Missed dose of Duolin Inhaler
If you miss a dose Duolin Inhaler, take it when you remember, unless it is time to take the next dose, then leave the missed dose. Do not take two doses at the same time.
How should Duolin Inhaler be stored?
Duolin Inhaler should be stored upright at room temperature, and protected from light. Keep it out of reach of children and pets.