Erlocip 100 mg (Erlotinib)
Erlocip is a medication formulated for the management of metastatic non-small cell lung cancer and pancreatic cancer. It is meant to be given after chemotherapy. The medicine is used to disturb the growth and development of abnormal cells produced in the body. The active component of the medicine is Erlotinib, which falls into the category of drugs known as tyrosine kinase inhibitors. This drug work specifically on cancerous cells. It is a prescription medicine, which should be used under proper medical guidance and advice. Also, avoid sharing it with others, since they may be suffering from a problem that is not effectively treated with this anti-cancer agent.
What is Erlocip used for?
Erlocip is a widely used drug for the management of metastatic non small cell lung cancer and cancer of the pancreas. It can be used along with Gemcitabine, a chemotherapy drug used to treat patients with metastatic pancreatic cancer.
How does Erlocip work?
Erlocip comprises of Erlotinib, which acts by inhibiting the enzyme tyrosine kinase. It works by blocking the growth stimulation signals in cancer cells (abnormal cells). In this way, Erlocip decreased the chances of spreading of pancreatic and lung cancer.
Where to buy Erlocip online?
Purchase cheap Erlocip 100 mg for the treatment of pancreatic and lung cancer. You can place your order for Erlocip on premiumrxdrugs.com., and get the product at an affordable rate.
What does Erlocip contain?
Each Erlocip tablet contains 100 mg of the active ingredient Erlotinib to prevent the growth of abnormal cells.
Effects of grapefruit juice
The medicine should not take along with grape juice as it may lead to severe adverse effects and can harm a cancer patient in many ways.
What are the side effects of Erlocip?
You need to get immediate medical attention if you experience signs of allergic reactions such as swelling of your face, throat, or tongue, trouble breathing, and hives.
Some other side effects that require emergency medical help are stated below:
- Shortness of breath
- Sudden chest pain or discomfort
- Heart attack symptoms like Pain in the chest or pressure, sweating, nausea, or pain spreading to your shoulder and jaw.
- Signs of a stroke include a severe headache, vision problem, blurred vision, sudden numbness or weakness, and the problem with balance.
What medications interact with Erlocip?
The drugs that may interact with Erlocip 100 mg include:
- Corticosteroids such as prednisone
- Drugs that are used to lower stomach include omeprazole, famotidine, ranitidine, etc.
- Azole antifungals like itraconazole
- Macrolide antibiotics such as rifamycins, cimetidine, St. John’s wort, rifabutin
- Anti-seizure medicines like Carbamazepine
- HIV protease inhibitors including ritonavir
- MAO inhibitors including moclobemide, tranylcypromine, linezolid, methylene blue, rasagiline, procarbazine, selegiline, isocarboxazid
Also, avoid smoking as cigarette smoking decreases blood levels of Erlocip 100 mg. You should inform your physician if you smoke, or if you have recently stopped smoking.
This patient leaflet does not include all possible drugs that can interrupt with the working of Erlotinib. It’s better that you make a list of drugs that you use and share it with your physician when you whenever you visit your physician.
When should Erlocip not be used?
- The medicine should not be used in patients under 18 years of age.
- Its use is contraindicated in patients who are allergic to this anti-cancer agent or ingredients of the Erlocip.
The medicine is not always suitable for all patients. You are advised to consult your physician before taking the medicine if you are expecting a baby, breastfeeding, or trying to conceive. Also, inform if you are taking any other medicine during the treatment with Erlocip.
How should Erlocip be taken?
The medicine is supplied in the form of a tablet for oral administration. It must be taken either one hour before or two hours after having meals. Avoid taking it with heavy meals as it will delay the effect of the medicine in the body.
How long should you take Erlocip?
Keep on taking the medicine as long as it is recommended by your physician.
Missed dose of Erlocip
If you missed a dose of Erlocip, then no need to panic, just take it when you remember. Do not double up your Erlocip dose to recompense the missed one. It may lead to severe unwanted effects.
How should Erlocip be stored?
Store the tablets in an airtight container at controlled room temperature. Keep it away from high temperature, moisture, and wet places. Keep it away from the access of children and pets. Also, do not freeze the tablets.