Disulfiram 250mg Tablet
Esperal 250mg (Disulfiram)
Esperal 250 mg is a drug used in the treatment of chronic alcoholism. It helps in keeping the person away from drinking alcohol by causing unpleasant adverse events that will occur if a person takes alcohol while consuming Esperal. It is used along with the counselling support to help a person to stop drinking alcohol. The active ingredient contained in the Esperal 250 mg tablet is Disulfiram.
What is Esperal 250mg used for?
Esperal 250 mg is used in the treatment of deep-rooted alcoholism. It is used together with counselling, support and psychotherapy to treat alcohol use disorder. The drug is not as a cure for the disorder. Chronic alcoholism is used as a broad term for any alcohol intake that result in problems. Disulfiram produces an acute sensitivity to ethanol (alcohol).
How does Esperal work?
Esperal tablets are used for the treatment of chronic alcoholism and these tablets are available on our website.
What are the different doses of Esperal?
Esperal is present in as 250 mg strength. One can also buy Esperal 250 mg from our website, premiumrxdrugs.com.
How should Esperal be taken?
Esperal comes in the tablet form. The usual dose of the drug is one tablet in a day. It should be taken with or without a meal or as recommended by the physician.
You can either swallow or crush the tablet of Esperal and mix into the water, tea or juice. Mix it well, once it gets dissolved drink the whole water or liquid.
Try not to change the doses of the drug. Follow the doctor’s advice.
- Overdose: The overdose of the drug may cause adverse effects like dizziness, seizures, vomiting, numbness, nausea and loss of coordination.
Do not discontinue the treatment unless your physician asks doing. Take the tablet until the entire amount of the Esperal tablet is finished.
Missed dose of Esperal:
Do not miss the dose of Esperal. In case you miss, take it when you remember but do not double up the dose to recompense the previous one. You can also talk you or physician if you got too late in taking the tablet.
What are Side effects of Esperal?
Some common adverse events of the drug are given below:
- Garlic-like taste in the mouth
- Tired feeling
Some serious adverse events of the drug are given below:
- Muscular weakness
- Liver disorder
- Stomach pain
- Shortness of breath
- Swollen face, tongue and lips
- Behaviour changes
- Change in the vision
- Tingling in the legs and arms
- Loss of interest in sex
Inform your physician in above health conditions. If you observe side effects other than these; immediately visit your doctor.
What medications interact with Esperal?
Inform the physician or pharmacist about the medicines that are given below:
- Blood thinners
Inform your doctor about the other medicines you are taking as Esperal can negatively interact with them and cause adverse effects. Visit the physician in above health conditions.
When should Esperal not be used?
While taking Esperal always remembers the following things:
- Avoid taking the drug if you are allergic to it or its components.
- Inform the doctor, if you have ever had heart diseases.
- Before taking the drug, tell you, physician, if you have a background of diabetes, liver disorder, overactive thyroid or brain disease.
- Avoid taking the alcoholic products like sauces, cough syrups, aftershave, vinegar, mouthwash, etc. Do not consume any alcohol while taking the medicine as it may cause vision problem, pounding heartbeat, throbbing headache and breathing problem.
How should Esperal be stored?
- Avoid using expired medicines.
- Keep the medicine at a room temperature. It should be kept away from the moisture and heat.
- Try to keep the records of all your medications.
- Try to follow the same dosage plan, do not change it.
- Follow your doctor’s advice, in case of any diet or activity restriction.
- Do not share the drug with anybody even if they have the same signs.