Famocid 20 mg tablets contain Famotidine, a histamine H2-receptor antagonist that inhibits stomach acid production.
Famocid 20 mg (Famotidine)
Famocid 20 mg tablets contain Famotidine, a histamine H2-receptor antagonist that inhibits stomach acid production. Famotidine shows anti-oxidant and anti-ulcer properties. In addition to acid suppression, Famocid promotes healing by enhancing angiogenesis.
What is Famocid 20 mg used for?
Famocid 20 mg is used for:
- Preventing gastric ulcers or duodenal ulcers.
- Healing ulcers and giving relief from symptoms. Famocid may also be used to lower the chance of occurring duodenal ulcers again.
- Treating gastroesophageal disease (GERD). GERD is a condition where stomach acid leaks out of the stomach and up into the gullet (oesophagus).
- Treating Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, a condition where your stomach produces too much acid.
How does Famocid 20 mg work?
Famocid contains Famotidine, a competitive inhibitor of histamine H2-receptors, reduces basal and nocturnal stomach acid secretion, resulting in gastric volume, acidity, and the amount of stomach acid released in response to various stimuli.
What are the different doses of Famocid?
Famocid tablets are available to purchase online from premiumrxdrugs.com in doses of 20 mg and 40 mg. Buy Famocid 20 mg online to grab various exciting offers.
What does Famocid 20 mg contain?
Each Famocid tablet for oral administration contains 20 mg of the active substance Famotidine, which belongs to a group of drugs called H2-blockers. Famotidine works by lowering the amount of acid you produce in your stomach.
What are the adverse effects of Famocid 20 mg?
Like other drugs, Famocid can cause side effects, although not everyone gets them. The following adverse effects may happen with this drug:
- Muscle cramps
- Joint pain
- Slow, fast or irregular heartbeat
- Sore throat
If any of the adverse effects get serious, or if you observe any adverse effects not mentioned in this document, please inform your doctor.
What medications interact with Famocid 20 mg?
Please tell your doctor, if you have recently consumed or are taking any other medicines, including those obtained without a prescription. You should tell your doctor, if you are consuming any of the following medicines:
When should Famocid 20 mg not be used?
Famocid should not be used in patients with a history of hypersensitivity to Famotidine, or to any components of this product.
How should Famocid be taken?
- Ulcer: The recommended dosage is 40 mg once daily at bedtime, for 4 to 8 weeks. The dose may change depending on how you respond to the treatment.
- For prevention: The recommended dosage is 20 mg once daily at bedtime.
- GERD: The recommended dosage is 20 mg twice daily upto 6 weeks.
- For treatment of mild symptoms: The recommended dosage is 20 mg twice daily, for 6 to 12 weeks.
- For treatment of more mild symptoms: The recommended dosage is 40 mg twice daily, for 6 to 12 weeks.
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome: The recommended initial dosage is 20 mg every six hours. Some patients may require higher doses of Famocid for Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
- If you have a kidney disorder, your doctor will prescribe a lower dose of Famocid.
- Do not skip doses or stop using Famocid tablets suddenly. Stopping the medicine suddenly may make your condition worse.
- You should only take the number of tablets that you have been told. Visit your nearest medical centre immediately, if you think that you have taken too many Famocid tablets by mistake.
- The dose regimen may differ from the information contained in this document. In the case of any confusion, please consult your doctor.
How long should you take Famocid 20 mg?
Continual use on a regular basis for 4 to 6 weeks will determine the effectiveness of Famocid in healing the peptic ulcer. Regular use for 6 to 12 weeks is required to heal the esophagus when used to treat GERD. Long-term use of Famocid for prophylaxis of gastric problems is generally safe, but does require periodic doctor’s supervision.
Missed dose of Famocid
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Leave the missed dose if it is almost time for your next dose. Do not take an extra dose to make up the missed one. Try to take the drug at the same time each day as this will reduce the chance of missing the dose.
How should Famocid 20 mg be stored?
- Keep it out of the reach of children and away from pets. Avoid exposure to light, moisture, and heat.
- Do not place it in the bathroom or near a sink.
- Do not take any medicine after the expiry date, which is mentioned on the carton.
- Always keep the tablets in its original package.