|Flagyl 400 mg (Metronidazole)
|J.B. Chemichals Pvt. Ltd.
Flagyl 400 mg (Metronidazole)
Flagyl is an antibiotic and antiprotozoal medication formulated for anaerobic bacteria and protozoa. Its active component Metronidazole is an amebide, antibiotic, and antiprotozoal agent. The medicine is prescribed to treat diarrhea caused by Entamoeba histolytica, Clostridium difficult, or Giardia lamblia. It is also useful in treating vaginal infections or various types of bacterial infections.
What is Flagyl used for?
Flagyl is indicated for the treatment of the following anaerobic infections:
- Skin and skin structure infections
- CNS infections
- Bone and joint infections
- Gynecologic infections
- Intra-abdominal infections
- Lower respiratory tract infections
It is also given to people with amebiasis, symptomatic and asymptomatic trichomoniasis.
How does Flagyl work?
Metronidazole, the active component of Flagyl works by disrupting DNA and protein synthesis in susceptible organisms. It exerts amebicidal, bactericidal, trichomonacidal action. The drug is active against anaerobic bacteria, including Bacteroides, Clostridium. Additionally, Metronidazole works against Entamoeba histolytica, Clostridium difficile, trichomonas vaginitis, H. Pylori, and Giardia lambli.
Where to buy Flagyl online?
Flagyl is a prescription drug. If you have been diagnosed with anaerobic infections, your healthcare specialist will tell you which treatment you need and how to take it. After your health care professional has prescribed, you can purchase Flagyl 400 mg online from premiumrxdrugs.com at an affordable rate. You can use our fast and convenient online service and have your Flagyl tablets delivered at your doorstep.
What does Flagyl contain?
Flagyl tablets contain the active agent Metronidazole which has bactericidal, trichomonncidal, and amoebicidal properties. Each tablet contains 400 mg of the beneficial ingredient.
Effects of alcohol on Flagyl
Consuming alcohol while using Flagyl has long been thought to cause vomiting, tachycardia, nausea, flushing of the skin, shortness of breath, etc. Therefore, consumption of alcohol should be avoided by patients during Metronidazole treatment.
What are the side effects of Flagyl?
The side effects associated with the usage of Flagyl are given below:
- Hematological issues- leukopenia
- EENT disorders- tearing, optic neuropathy
- Central nervous system disorders- headache, seizures, encephalopathy, aseptic meningitis.
- Dermatological issues- rash, urticaria, mild dryness, transient redness, skin irritation, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, rash
- Gastrointestinal problems- anorexia, dry mouth glossitis, vomiting, diarrhea, furry tongue, abdominal pain, nausea, unpleasant taste
- Neurological problems- peripheral neuropathy
- Miscellaneous- superinfection
What medications interact with Flagyl?
Check with your health care professional before using Flagyl with any other drugs, including supplements and vitamins. Especially, inform your health care specialist about the following:
- Sedatives or tranquilizers
- Vitamins and supplements
- Oral anticoagulants
When should Flagyl not be taken?
- Avoid taking Flagyl tablets if you are hypersensitive to parabens and other ingredients of the preparation.
- Its use is contraindicated in the first trimester of pregnancy.
The medicine should be used with caution in the following conditions:
- History of seizures or neurologic problems
- History of blood dyscrasia
- Severe hepatic impairment
How should Flagyl be taken?
You should always follow the dosage instructions given by your health care specialist. If you have difficulty taking the medication, contact your health care specialist. The medicine should be taken by mouth and may have fewer adverse effects if taken with food. Do not chew or crush the tablet. The medicine should only be taken by whom it was prescribed.
How long should you take Flagyl?
You should keep taking this medication for as long as your health care specialist. Take your medicine at the same time daily as this will help you to remember to take it on a regular basis. If you have difficulty remembering your doses, ask your health care specialist for some tips.
Missed dose of Flagyl
If you mistakenly miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for your next dose, please leave the one you missed and go back to your normal dosing schedule. Avoid taking two doses at the same time to compensate the missed one.
How should Flagyl be stored?
- Store it at controlled room temperature in a light-resistant container, away from children and pets
- Do not store the tablets in the refrigerator
- Place it away from heat and moisture