Flixotide Discus 100 mcg
|Generic Name||Fluticasone Propionate|
Flixotide Diskus 100 mcg (Fluticasone Propionate)
Flixotide Diskus is an inhaled asthma medication used to reduce symptoms of asthma and to prevent an asthma attack, but not to treat an asthma attack. The pharmaceutically active ingredient of the medication is Fluticasone propionate, a synthetic corticosteroid, which is used to reduce the swelling and irritation in the lungs. It controls the signs and symptoms of asthma that are responsive to orally inhaled corticosteroids. The medicine is also prescribed for the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. The Diskus has 100 mcg of Fluticasone propionate in its formulation. It is prescribed for adults and children above four years of age.
What is Flixotide Diskus used for?
Flixotide Diskus 100 mcg is a corticosteroid used to treat asthma. It has remarkable anti-inflammatory effect on the lungs. The medicine prescribed by the physician to reduce symptoms of asthma in patients formerly treated with bronchodilators alone or with other prophylactic treatment. It controls asthma, but does not cure it.
How does Flixotide Diskus work?
The active ingredient belongs to the category of corticosteroids, which exerts an anti-inflammatory effect on nasal membrane. It helps to decrease inflammation in the lungs. Inflammation in the lungs can cause breathing troubles.
What are the different doses of Flixotide Diskus?
Flixotide Diskus is available to order online from premiumrxdrugs.com in the following strength:
- Flixotide Diskus 100 mcg
Buy Flixotide Diskus 100 mcg online at a quite affordable price.
What does Flixotide Diskus contain?
Flixotide Diskus is a molded plastic device that contains a foil strip with regularly placed blisters each containing a mixture of 100 mcg of Fluticasone propionate.
What are the side effects of Flixotide Diskus?
The common side effects of Flixotide Diskus 100 mcg include:
- Throat infection
- Upper respiratory tract infection
Tell your physician about any side effect that bothers you and does not fade away.
The Diskus can cause some serious side effects, and they are as follows:
- Fungal infection in your mouth or throat-Wash your mouth with water after using the Diskus to help reduce the risk of getting a fungal infection
- Adrenal sufficiency, a condition where the adrenal glands do not produce enough steroid hormones. Adrenal insufficiency can get worse, when your body is under stress, such as from infection, surgery, trauma, and fever. Signs and symptoms of adrenal insufficiency may include tiredness, weakness, low blood pressure, nausea, vomiting, and lack of energy
- Call your physician if you get serious allergic reactions such as rash, breathing problems, hives, swelling of your face, mouth, and tongue, etc.
- Eye problems, including glaucoma and cataracts
- Bronchospasm-Increased wheezing or bronchospasm can occur after using Flixotide Diskus. Ask your physician for a rescue inhaler to treat sudden bronchospasm
- Slowed growth in children
What medications interact with Flixotide Diskus?
Tell your physician about all the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, herbal supplements, and vitamins. Flixotide Diskus 100 mcg and certain other drugs may interact with each other and may cause side effects. Especially, inform your physician if you take anti-HIV and antifungal drugs. Always keep a list of medicines that you take to show your physician when you start a new medicine.
When should Flixotide Diskus not be used?
- Flixotide Diskus 100 mcg should not be used if you are allergic proteins. Ask your physician for more information
- Do not use the Diskus if you are allergic to Fluticasone propionate or any other ingredients present in Flixotide Diskus
- It is not recommended for use in children younger than four years of age
How should Flixotide Diskus be used?
Flixotide Diskus is a medicine to inhale by mouth. It is usually inhaled twice daily. Carefully follow all the instructions on your prescription label and ask your physician to explain any part you don’t understand. Use the Diskus exactly as directed. The medicine helps to prevent symptoms of asthma attack such as shortness of breath, coughing, and wheezing, but will not stop an asthma attack that has already begun.
Your physician will start your treatment with an average dose of Flixotide Diskus. Your physician will change your dose when your symptoms are controlled or have not improved after two weeks.
How long should you use Flixotide Diskus?
It may take 24-48 hours or longer after you start taking Flixotide Diskus 100 mcg for your asthma symptoms to get better.
Missed dose of Flixotide Diskus
If you miss a dose of Flixotide Diskus 100 mcg, just leave that dose. Take your next dose at your normal dosing schedule. Do not consume two doses at the same time.
How should Flixotide Diskus be stored?
- Store Flixotide Diskus at room temperature
- Keep it in a dry place away from direct light and heat
- Store the Diskus in the opened foil pouch unless you open it for use
- Keep all your medicines out o the reach of children and pets