Foracort Inhaler - 6/400 mcg (120 mdi)
Foracort inhaler-400/6 mcg is a combination medicine containing Budesonide and Formoterol Fumarate used in the management of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
|Generic For||Symbicort Inhaler|
|Strength||6/400 mcg (120 mdi) Inhaler|
|Generic Name||Budesonide + Formoterol Fumarate|
Foracort Inhaler 400/6 mcg
Foracort inhaler, a combination of Budesonide and Formoterol fumarate are to be administered to patients with asthma where the use of a combination medicine is appropriate. It is also very effective for symptomatic treatment of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and a history of repeated exacerbations, with significant signs despite regular therapy with long-lasting bronchodilators. Budesonide is a steroid medication that reduces inflammation whereas, Formoterol fumarate is a long-acting β2 agonist that relaxes muscles in the airways of the lungs and improves breathing. The inhaler is the first combination inhaled corticosteroid and a long-acting beta-agonist that has shown efficacy as a medicine not only used to prevent asthma attacks, but also give quick relief in an asthma attack.
What is Foracort inhaler used for?
Foracort inhaler-400/6 mcg is a combination medicine containing Budesonide and Formoterol Fumarate used in the management of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. It contains two active pharmaceutical ingredients delivered through a single inhaler. The formulation is marketed under the trade name Symbicort and others.
How does Foracort inhaler work?
The active ingredient, Budesonide is a glucocorticoid with weak mineralocorticoid activity. It acts by reducing irritation, swelling, and inflammation in the nasal membrane due to allergies.
Another active ingredient, Formoterol fumarate causes bronchodilation by relaxing the smooth muscle in the airway, so as to treat the exacerbation of asthma.
What are the different doses of Foracort inhaler?
Foracort inhaler is available to buy online from premiumrxdrugs.com in the following strength:
- Foracort Inhaler 400/6 mcg
You can buy Foracort Inhaler 400/6 mcg online at an affordable price.
What does Foracort inhaler contain?
The combination formulation Foracort contains Budesonide and Formoterol fumarate as the main active ingredients. Each spray contains 400 mcg of Budesonide and 6 mcg of Formoterol fumarate.
What are the side effects of Foracort inhaler?
Foracort inhaler may or may not have side effects associated with it. Many people don’t experience any side effects or allergic reactions after using the inhaler. But your case may be different. If you get any of the common side effects such as coughing, aphthae, trembling, insomnia, mild throat irritation, headache, oral candidiasis, hoarseness, and heartbeat acceleration, etc.
You should also call your physician or seek emergency medical attention in case of these rare, but serious side effects:
- Difficulty falling asleep
- Muscular cramps
- Chest pain
- Face bloatedness
- High blood sugar level
- Steroid psychosis
What medications interact with Foracort inhaler?
- Concomitant oral administration of Ketoconazole caused an eightfold increase in the systematic exposure to Foracort inhaler 400/6 mcg
- If treatment with inhibitors of CYP3A4 activity like itraconazole, indinavir, ritonavir, erythromycin, saquinavir, etc. is indicated, reduction of the dose should be considered.
- Do not take it with antacids and cholesterol-lowering medicines such as cholestyramine. These drugs may reduce the effectiveness of Budesonide when taken at the same time. If you need to consume these drugs, take them at least two hours before or after using Foracort inhaler.
Tell your physician if you are taking any other drugs, especially those mentioned here:
- Antibiotics such as doxycycline, clarithromycin, telithromycin, isoniazid, and troleandomycin
- Heart medicines such as verapamil, quinidine, nicardipine, etc.
Always inform your physician if you are taking any other medicines, including herbal supplements, tonics, and drugs that you buy without a prescription.
When should Foracort not be used?
- Foracort inhaler-400/6 mcg should not be used in patients with known hypersensitivity to Budesonide Formoterol fumarate.
- It is not recommended for use in children less than five years of age.
- It is contraindicated in status asthmaticus and acute attack of asthma.
How should Budecort be used?
- For the treatment of asthma: The recommended dosage of patients 18 years and older is one to two inhalations twice daily with a maximum of four inhalations two times daily. For adolescents of 12 to 17 years of age, the suggested dosage is two inhalations two times daily, whereas for children 6 to 11 years, the recommended dosage of Furacort is two inhalations twice daily.
- For the treatment of COPD: The suggested dosage for patients 18 years and older is two inhalations twice a day.
- Always wash your mouth with water after using Foracort inhaler, to prevent a fungal infection in the mouth of the throat. While using this inhaler, your physician may need to check your vision and bone mineral density.
Follow all instructions on your prescription label and patient instructions for use.
How long should you use Foracort?
You should continue to use Foracort Inhaler 400/6 for as long as recommended by your physician. Continue to use this medicine as your physician has told you, even if you start feeling better.
Missed dose of Foracort
If you miss a dose Foracort inhaler, take it when you remember, unless it is time to take the next dose, then leave the missed dose. Do not take two doses at the same time.
How should Foracort be stored?
Foracort inhaler should be stored upright at room temperature, and protected from light. Keep it out of reach of children and pets.