|Generic Name||Metformin Hcl|
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.20||US$ 6.00|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.15||US$ 9.0025%US$ 12.00|
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.13||US$ 12.0033%US$ 18.00|
Glycomet (Metformin HCl 1000mg)
Metformin HCl 1000mg is a drug that helps in controlling blood sugar levels. It is given in non insulin dependent diabetes mellitus. Metformin HCl can be given with other antidiabetic drugs also in order to treat type 2 diabetes. Diabetes is a condition in which there is an increased blood sugar level of the body. Metformin HCl overcomes this effects and maintained blood sugar levels. It is one of the most preferred antihyperglycemic drugs as it acts in a multiple ways to overcome the elevated sugar levels in the body.
The ailments it is used for:
Metformin HCl is a prescription medicine used for the treatment of type 2 Diabetes. It is given as an adjunct with diet and exercise in the management of Type 2 diabetes. Along with this, it is also used in polycystic ovary syndrome.
Understanding the drug Metformin HCl:
Metformin HCl helps in lowering the bloods sugar levels. Metformin HCl belongs to the class of Biguanides.
This ingredient acts via multiple mechanisms that collectively produce hypoglycemic effects. It acts on various sites as stated below:
- Metformin causes less production of sugar from the liver cells
- It increases the sensitivity of cells to insulin, this way it removes sugar from the blood
- It also delays intestinal sugar absorption into the blood stream especially after eating
This way, it controls the blood sugar levels. It effectively controls the sugar level between and directly after meals.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Metformin HCl if you:
- Are hypersensitive towards Metformin HCl
- Have a liver disease
- Have type 1 diabetes
- Are breast feeding
- Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- Are suffering from heart associated problems
How much to take?
There is no fixed therapeutic regimen for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. The dose varies according to the condition of a patient. Many factors such as body weight, presence of other disease condition and tolerance power are assessed and then a dosage is prescribed. Doctor will always recommend the best therapeutic dose for you. So that maximum effect is generated with no side effects at all.
Who is the manufacturer?
Bigomet is manufactured by Otsira Pharmaceuticals ltd and is available on our website in the pack of 30 tablets.
Glycomet SR is manufactured by USV ltd, a pharmaceutical giant and is available on our website in the pack of 30 tablets
How to take?
Metformin HCl is taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Take the tablet with full glass of water. Don’t crush or chew the tablet. Regular check your blood sugar levels. If you experience extreme low levels of blood sugar, always keep a source of sugar with yourself.
When to take?
Metformin HCl is generally taken with meals once or twice in a day. Take the medicine as prescribed by the Doctor.
For how long should it be taken?
This drug is meant to be taken on regular basis, so keep on taking the drug as long as recommended by the Doctor. Sudden discontinuation can lead to undesired and sever problems.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
If overdose, talk to Doctor or Poisons information centre for advice. Take medical help as soon as possible if you encounter below stated symptoms:
- Muscular pain
- Breath shortness
- Pain in stomach
- Feeling light - headed
What if you miss the dose?
Try to take the medicine at the same time each day; this reduces the chances of missing dose. Consult your Doctor if you miss the Dose. Don’t double up the dose in order to compensate with the previous one.
What are the side effects?
Metformin HCl is very effective and potent antidiabetic drug. Along with the highly therapeutic drug effect, it also exerts some side effects. This is not essential that everyone will encounter these below mentioned effects such as:
Very common side effects generally happen in initial stages of the treatment. With pace of time, it diminishes.
- Gastrointestinal disturbances such as nausea, vomiting and stomach pain
Common side effects are change in taste receptors; a person may feel metallic taste.
Very rare side effects are
- Chronic use of the drug may cause less absorption of Vitamin B 12
- Itching, rashes, flushing and other skin reactions
- Increased level of lactic acid in the blood
- Can even cause inflammation of the liver
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Always tell doctor about the medicines you are taking. Doctor will provide you a list of the drugs that will interact with Metformin HCl and may hamper its therapeutic efficacy. Some of the drugs that interact with Metformin HCl and can produce hindrance or undesired effects are stated below:
- Oral contraceptives like estrogens and progestogens
- Thiazide diuretics like Bendroflumethazide
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Always take the medicine as per prescription
- Always store the medicine at the room temperature and away from moisture, heat and light
- Don’t use the expired drug
- Always monitor your blood sugar levels
- Avoid consumption of alcohol while using this drug
- Don’t share your medicine with anybody, even if they have the same symptoms
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine
- Follow strict diet and exercise regimen while taking this drug.