Kojic Cream - 25 gm
|Strength||25 gm Cream|
|Generic Name||Azeloglicina (Potassium Azeloyl Digylycinate), Lactokine Fluid, Kojic Acid|
Kojic Cream (Azeloglicina (Potassium Azeloyl Digylycinate), Lactokine Fluid, Kojic acid)
Kojic cream contains Azeloglicina (Potassium Azeloyl Digylycinate), Lactokine Fluid, Kojic acid, and it is a cream that is used for the purpose of skin lightening and brightening. Kojic is a fungal by product of a production process of Japanese rice wine. The people who are extra sensitive to hydriquinone containing products are recommended by dermatologists to use Kojic cream.
This cream is very effective for us to remove freckles, age spots and brown spots. Kojic and the ascorbic acid combination is also used by many people to remove dry skin and different forms of hyperpigmentation.
Kojic cream is manufactured by SBP Company, India and it is available as 25 gm tube.
Kojic is known to reduce the melanin synthesis process and disrupts the skin process to accumulate melanin and avoid the skin becoming dark and dull. It may not work overnight, but may gradually reduce the skin spots and age marks over a period of a few months of regular use.
Do not use the Kojic cream if you:
- Are allergic to Kojic/ Ascorbic acid or any other ingredient present in the product
- Are suffering from any skin disease
- Are pregnant or breast feeding
- Are diabetic
- Have open wounds
Always pre-inform your physician in the following conditions:
- If you have kidney/liver problems
- If you have breathing allergies
- If you have any skin allergy
Usage of the product:
The Kojic cream is good for use especially for those people with sensitive skin and allergies to hydroquinone. Use the cream according to the requirement, for example for whole face you may need a pea sized amount of cream and follow the instructions on the medication label.
Use a small amount of cream to cover the affected area and do not apply too much of the cream in quest of quick results.
Method to apply the cream:
- Before using cream prepare your face by washing it with a very mild soap and let the skin dry using a towel. Do not rub the skin; pat it dry softly with the towel.
- Apply the cream on freckles, and age spots and gently rub the cream till it is completely absorbed in the skin
- Use the kojic acid cream for 2-4 months
- After witnessing the lightening of the age spots and freckles, you may also witness peeling of the skin surface. It is the result of exfoliation action of the cream and you may see a new lighter skin beneath the dead layer of old skin.
If you forgot to apply the cream, apply it cream as soon as you remember. Do not apply too much of cream to make up the missed one as it may cause unwanted side effects.
Some common side effects:
Here are a few common side effects associated with Kojic cream:
- Red rashes
- Swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue
- Dry red patches of the skin
- Stinging of the skin
- Peeling off
Do not get worried by the list as you may or may not face all the side effects.
Kojic cream can interact with the following substances, hence avoid them:
- Harsh Soaps and cosmetics
- Alcohol containing products
- Glycolic acid
- Resorcinol or salicylic acid containing products
- Chlorpromazine, etc.