Levetiracetam 500 mg tablet
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.68||US$ 20.45|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.68||US$ 40.90|
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.68||US$ 61.35|
Levipil 500mg (Levetiracetam)
Levipil 500mg is the drug that is used for the treatment of seizures in epilepsy. And hence it is known as antiepileptic medicine or anticonvulsant drugs. Levipil 500 mg is similar to a drug form known as the non-tropic drug piracetam. The drug Levetiracetam is approved by the European Union as a monotherapy for epileptic treatments.
What is Levipil 500 mg used for?
The drug Levipil 500 mg is used for seizures or epileptic convulsions as monotherapy and therapy. The drug finds its use in the following:
- To treat partial onset with or without secondary generalization seizures and that seizure recently diagnosed in a person ageing above 16 years and the adults.
- To treat juvenile myoclonic epilepsy in children above 12 years of age.
- To treat idiopathic generalized epilepsy in children of 12 years of age and above.
How does Levipil work?
This drug's efficacy is very good as it gets easily absorbed by the body as soon as it is taken orally. It usually takes approximately one hour after oral administration of the drug.
Although the exact working of the drug is not known, it is thought and concluded with various research works that this drug works by preventing the hyper synchronization of epileptiform burst firing and thus halts the seizures. This drug is known to work by preventing the excitability of the neurons.
How should Levipil 500mg be taken
Levipil is available as an oral tablet and is a prescription drug. The general dosage prescribed is two tablets a day, one each in the morning and evening. The drug can be taken with or without the meal. You can take the drug with water to ease the swallowing. Always use the drug till the doctor recommends you to stop. Never alter or change the dose without consulting your doctor.
Overdose: in case of an accidental overdose of Levipil, you may start feeling:
1. Dizziness or fainting
3. Shortness of breath
4. Aggression etc.
In all severe cases, always seek medical help as soon as possible.
Missed dose of Levipil:
In case you miss the dose, take it as soon as you remember, but if it's too late and you have only less than six hours left for the next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next scheduled dose at the correct time to avoid overdosing. Do not double the dose to make up for the missed one.
What are the Side effects of Levipil?
Just like many other medicines, Levipil also has a few common side effects. In case you feel uncomfortable, you should visit the doctor soon. The common side effects are:
- Stomach pain
- Runny or stuffy nose
- A sudden drop in blood pressure
- Blurred vision
Do not worry about the side effects, as you don't need to have them all.
What medications interact with Levipil?
Levipil can interact with the following drugs to produce some unwanted side effects:
- Narcotic painkillers
- Antihistamine medicines
- Anxiety medicines
- Antidepressant medications
- Erectile dysfunction medicines
- Heart or blood pressure medicines
- Anti-malaria drugs
- A migraine or headache medicines etc.
Get a complete list of drugs to be avoided with Levipil from your doctor as it may interfere with the working and may cause serious health issues.
When should Levipil not be used?
The following aspects should be taken care of before taking the Levipil drug:
- Never take this drug if you are pregnant/ planning to conceive
- Do not take this drug if you are a breastfeeding mother
- Ask your doctor to check if you are allergic to Levipil or any other ingredients present in the drug
- Do not take this drug if you have had /are having liver disease, kidney disease, blood pressure problem, heart problems and eye disease
- Do not drive or use machines as the drug may cause dizziness
- If you observe an increased seizure activity with this drug, then do not continue seeing your doctor as soon as possible.
How should Levipil 500mg be stored?
- Please do not stop the drug unless a doctor says because it may increase the seizures
- Do not use expired drugs; check the expiry date always before buying a product
- Keep the drug away from the reach of children
- Never share your medicine with anyone
- You can buy Levipil 500 mg online at very rational prices from premiumrxdrugs.com