Lonitab - 5mg
Lonitab- 5 mg (Minoxidil)
Lonitab is a vasodilatant type of medication used for the treatment of high blood pressure. It has been found to be effective in improving blood flow in the body. Its active ingredient Minoxidil induces relaxation of blood vessels, and resulting in low blood pressure as blood can flow easily. Your physician may prescribe this medicine for other condition not listed here.
Lonitab general information
What is Lonitab used for?
Lonitab is useful in treating severe symptomatic hypertension or hypertension associated with end organ damage that has failed to respond to combinations of more conventional treatment.
How does Lonitab work?
Lonitab contains the active component Minoxidil, which directly relaxes vascular smooth muscle, by inhibiting the enzyme phosphodiesterase. This leads to vasodilation, which is more pronounced in arterioles than veins. In this way, the medicine lowers the blood pressure.
Where to buy Lonitab online?
Lonitab tablets are available to buy online from premiumrxdrugs.com in 10 mg strength and various pack sizes of 30, 60, and 90. Buy Lonitab 10 mg online at an unbeatable price.
What does Lonitab contain?
Lonitab has the active component Minoxidil, which belongs to a group of medicines known as vasodilators. Each tablet delivers 10 mg of the active component Minoxidil.
What are the side effects of Lonitab?
A hypertensive patient taking Lonitab 5 mg may experience the following side effects:
- Cardiovascular problems- ECG changes, pericardial effusion, tachycardia, heart failure, angina, ECG changes
- Dermatological issues- pigment changes, hypertrichosis, rash,
- Central nervous system disorders- headache
- Gastrointestinal issues- nausea
- Respiratory problems- pulmonary edema
- F and E disorders- sodium and water retention
- Endoskeleton disorders- menstrual irregularities
- Miscellaneous issues- Intermittent claudication
What medications interact with Lonitab?
- If used along with antihypertensive agent and nitrates may cause additive hypertensive effects.
- Concurrent use with NSAIDs may decrease the antihypertensive effectiveness of Lonitab.
When should Lonitab not be used?
- The medicine is not meant to be used by patients who are allergic to Minoxidil or other inactive ingredients of the formulation.
- Its use is contraindicated in patients with pheochromocytoma
Use it with caution in the following health conditions:
- Recent myocardial infarction
- Severe renal impairment
- Geriatric patients
How should Lonitab be taken?
- For adults and children >12 years
For the treatment of hypertension, 5 mg once daily is the recommended dose daily or it can be administered in two divided doses. The dose may double at three day intervals. The recommended dose range is 10 to 40 mg/day.
- For children <12 years
To treat hypertension, the recommended dose is 0.2 mg/kg daily as a single dose or in two divided doses. Do not exceed the maximum recommended dose of 5 mg. Dose adjustment (increment) can be done gradually at three day intervals until a response is maintained. The usual dose range is 0.25 to 1 mg/kg daily.
- Hypertensive patients should be monitored for blood pressure and pulse during initial adjustment and periodically during the treatment.
- Also, monitor intake and output ratios and daily weight.
- Patients should be assessed for edema on a regular basis, especially at starting of the treatment. Patients are instructed to report weight gain or edema.
How long should you use Lonitab
To control blood pressure, the medicine may be used as per the requirement. Ask your physician for more information related to the usage of the drug.
Missed dose of Lonitab
If you forget or miss a dose of Lonitab 10 mg, do not try to make it up. Go back to your normal dosing schedule as soon as you can.
How should Lonitab be stored?
Keep the tablet in its original packet when not in use. Store it in a safe place where children and pets cannot reach it. It should be stored at controlled room temperature.