|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.76||US$ 22.71|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.76||US$ 45.40|
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.76||US$ 68.11|
Mesacol 800mg (Mesalamine)
Mesacol is an anti-inflammatory agent formulated to reduce the symptoms of ulcerative colitis (a condition which occurs when the colon and the rectum become inflamed). These symptoms may include diarrhea, weight loss, abdominal pain, fever, rectal pain, malnutrition, bloody stools, increased abdominal sounds, etc. It is also useful in treating other conditions such as Crohn's disease. The medicine has the active ingredient Mesalamine, which works in the intestines to reduce the inflammation and other symptoms of the disease.
What is Mesacol used for?
Mesacol is used for the treatment and maintenance of mild to moderately active ulcerative colitis. It stops the production of natural chemicals that are responsible for causing inflammation, tissue damage, swelling, and diarrhea. Your physician may also prescribe this medication for purposes not mentioned in this document.
How does Mesacol work?
Mesacol comprises of an active component Mesalamine, which has an anti-inflammatory action in the colon. It reduces the symptoms of ulcerative colitis, proctitis, and proctosigmoiditis by inhibiting the prostaglandin synthesis.
Where to buy Mesacol online?
Mesacol tablets are available to buy online from premiumrxdrugs.com in 800 mg strength. You can buy Mesacol 800 mg online at an unbeatable price.
What does Mesacol contain?
The drug Mesacol contains Mesalamine, a prescription drug that has been one of the biggest players responsible for reducing the symptoms of ulcerative colitis. Each 800 mg tablets carry Mesalamine as the beneficial ingredient.
What are the side effects of Mesacol?
- Ocular disease: rhinitis, pharyngitis
- Central nervous system disorders: dizziness, weakness, headache, malaise
- Dermatological issues: skin rash, hair loss
- Musculoskeletal disorders: myalgia, back pain
- Genitouetrine diseases: renal failure, pancreatitis, interstitial nephritis
- Gastrointestinal issues: eructation, diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, flatulence
- Central nervous system disorders: malaise, headache, weakness, dizziness
- Miscellaneous problems: fever, acute intolerance syndrome, anaphylaxis
What medications interact with Mesacol?
Mesacol is known to interact with mercaptopurine or thioguanine. It is important to give a list of medicines that you are using currently to your physician before he prescribes you any medication. In this way, he/ she can check where there is any possibility of drug interaction or not.
When should Mesacol not be used?
- Mesacol should not be used in patients who have been demonstrated hypersensitivity to salicylates, sulfasalazine, sulfonamides, and mesalamine.
- It is not suitable for patients who are allergic to sulfonylurea hypoglycemic agents, bisulfites, carbonic anhydrase inhibitors, and Furosemide.
- Avoid taking it if you have a urinary tract or intestinal obstruction.
- It should not be administered to patients suffering from porphyria.
Caution should be exercised while using Mesacol in the following conditions:
- Severe renal or hepatic impairment
How should Mesacol be used?
The medicine should always be taken as prescribed by the physician. Never change your dosing schedule or stop the treatment unless recommended by your physician. Always complete the course of medication as you are directed.
Mesacol is available in the form of tablets for oral administration. The tablet is to be swallowed with one glass of water. It should not be chewed or crushed. You are allowed to take it before or after consuming food. It is suggested to take one tablet daily at the same time.
How long should you use Mesacol?
It may take up to three weeks of use before you see any change or improvement in your health condition. In case you did not see any change after this period, inform your physician as soon as possible. Continue to take Mesacol tablets for as long as recommended by your physician.
Missed dose of Mesacol
If you miss the dose of Mesacol 800 mg, consume it as soon as you notice. Don’t take the missed dose if the time to use the next dose is almost near. Also, do not double the application time.
How should Mesacol be stored?
- Store Mesacol tablets at room temperature in a cool, dry place
- Keep it away from heat and moisture
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets