Metrogyl 30 mg (Metronidazole)
Metrogyl 30 gm contains Metronidazole. It belongs to a class of antibiotics known as nitroimidazoles, used to treat a variety of infections. It works by stopping the growth of bacteria and protozoa.
What is Metrogylused for?
Metrogyl is an antibiotic, which falls into the category of drugs known as nitroimidazoles. It is an antibiotic gel, which is used to treat bacterial infections of the vagina, and also used to treat a skin condition called Rosacea (acne Rosacea). Rosacea is a skin condition that causes flushing, redness and small lumpy red spots. It works by stopping the growth of bacteria and protozoa. It doesn't treat viral infections and, hence should not be used against vaginal yeast infection. Metronidazole can be used safely by the peoples who are allergic to penicillin.
How does Metrogyl work?
Metrogyl belongs to a group of nitroimidazole, which is used to treat a variety of infections caused by protozoa. It works by stopping the growth of bacteria and protozoa that kills the causative agent and thus cure infections.
What are the different doses of MetrogylGel?
Metrogyl are available to order online from premiumrxdrugs.com in 30 gm strengths. Buy Metrogyl 30 gm online at a quite affordable price.
What does Metrogyl contain?
Metrogyl contains the active pharmaceutical ingredient Metronidazole. Each tube contains 30 gm of Metronidazole.
Effects of alcohol on Metrogyl
Metrogyl 30 gm is a topical dosage form. Taking this drug with alcohol may cause dizziness, this effect may be worse if you take it with alcohol. Therefore, avoid alcohol consumption during the treatment with Metrogyl 30 gm tube.
What are the side effects of Metrogyl?
Metrogyl 30 gm may cause serious side effects including:
- Skin reactions. Stop taking the medicine and inform your physician if you get any skin lesions, blisters, or ulcers
- Allergic Reaction. If the patient has reported any kind of allergic reaction in the past with any kind of food, dyes, or medicines, then consult your doctor before applying this medicament.
- Large Quantity. Do not use this medicament in large amount or more than it is prescribed. It is advised to use this medicament as per your physician’s prescription.
Common side effects that may occur while taking Metrogyl 30gm include:
- Skin irritation
What medications interact with Metrogyl?
Tell your physician if you are consuming any other drugs, including prescription and non-prescription drugs, herbal supplements, and vitamins. Especially, tell your physician if you take:
- Lithium derivatives
Keep a list of medicines you take and show it to your physician every time you get a new medicine.
When should Metrogyl not be used?
Do not take Metrogyl 30 gm if:
- You are pregnant or plan to get pregnant.
- You are a Lactating mother
- You have a normal skin
- You are allergic to any of the components in Metrogyl 30 gm.
How should Metrogyl be taken?
- Metrogyl is available in the form of a gel, applied topically on the skin. Wash your hand and the affected area before the application.Dry the skin using a soft towel and apply a thin film over the affected area and Gently rub it into the inflamed skin well.
- If you have appliedoverdose of a Metrogyl Gel than, then contact your doctor immediately. Remember do not take any additional dosage until your doctor asked you to do so.
Talk to your doctor if any unwanted health changes occur, while taking this medicine.
How long should you take Metrogyl?
Take Metrogyl exactly as prescribed by your physician. Keep taking the medicine for as long as your doctor prescribes it for you.
Missed dose of Metrogyl?
If you miss the dose take it as soon as you remember, skip the missed dose, if it is too late and take the next dose at the correct scheduled time. Never take two doses at once.
How should Metrogyl be stored?
- Store it at room temperature.
- Keep the tablets in its original tube until it is time to take them.
- Do not store it or any other medicine in the bathroom or near a sink.
- Keep this away from heat, moisture,s and light.
- Keep the medicine where children cannot reach.