Nolvadex 10 mg is used to treat both early and advanced estrogen receptor positive breast cancer in the post and pre-menopausal women. Moreover, it is the most common hormone treatment of male breast cancer.
|Generic Name||Tamoxifen Citrate|
|Manufacturer||Astra Zeneca, UK|
Nolvadex 10 mg (Tamoxifen)
Nolvadex 10 mg tablets contain the active ingredient Tamoxifen citrate, an antineoplastic nonsteroidal selective estrogen receptor modulator that was discovered in 1967. It is a medicine that is used to prevent breast cancer in women and treat breast cancer in women and men. The drug is also being studied for other types of cancer. Tamoxifen is a type of hormone therapy (also called endocrine therapy).
Nolvadex general information
What is Nolvadex used for?
Nolvadex 10 mg is used to treat both early and advanced estrogen receptor positive breast cancer in the post and pre-menopausal women. Moreover, it is the most common hormone treatment of male breast cancer. The drug is also approved by the Food and Drug Administration for the prevention of breast cancer in women who are at high risk of developing the disease. It is used in the treatment of patients who have had ductal carcinoma in situ and who have been treated with radiation and surgery.
Nolvadex is also used:
- To treat mastalgia, desmoid tumors, endometrial cancer, and gynecomastia
- For induction of ovulation
- To treat Precocious puberty in women, secondary to McCune-Albright syndrome
- To reduce the risk in women who has Paget’s disease of the breast
How does Nolvadex work?
Nolvadex 10 mg contains the active ingredient Tamoxifen, which belongs to a class of medicines, known as anti-oestrogens. The drug works by blocking the activity of estrogen in the breast. In this way, it stops the growth of some breast tumors that need estrogen to grow.
What are the different doses of Nolvadex?
Nolvadex tablets are available to buy online from premiumrxdrugs.com in 10 mg strength. Buy Nolvadex 10 mg online to grab various exciting offers.
What does Nolvadex contain?
The active ingredient is Tamoxifen Citrate. Each Nolvadex tablet contains 10 mg Tamoxifen.
What are the side effects of Nolvadex 10 mg?
Like all drugs, Nolvadex 10 mg tablets can cause side effects, although not everyone gets them. Check with your doctor if any of these common adverse effects persist or become bothersome:
- Pain or reddening around the site of the tumor
- Increased bone or tumor pain
- Excessive tiredness
- Weight loss
- Thinning of hair
- Loss of sexual ability in men
- Hot flashes
Immediately visit your doctor, if any of these severe adverse effects occur:
- Unusual bruising or bleeding
- Loss of appetite
- Swelling of the eyes, face, lips, tongue
- Muscle weakness
This is not a complete list of all adverse effects that may occur. If you have any questions about adverse effects, contact your doctor.
What medications interact with Nolvadex ?
Nolvadex interacts with many drugs and produces some serious health effects. Here are the common drugs that may interact with Nolvadex:
- Anti-malaria drugs
This medication guide does not contain all possible drug interactions. Therefore, before using this drug, tell your doctor about all medicines you use. Keep a list of all medications with you and share with your doctor.
When should Nolvadex 10 mg not be used?
Nolvadex 10 mg should not be used if:
- You are allergic to the active ingredient or any of the inactive ingredients of this medicine
- You are pregnant or plan to become pregnant
- You are breastfeeding. However, it is not known if Nolvadex passes into mother’s milk
How should Nolvadex be taken?
- Nolvadex is available in the form of a tablet. You can take it with or without food. Swallow the tablet with a glass full of water.
- To treat breast cancer in Adults: The recommended dose is 20 mg to 40 mg. Greater than 20 mg should be given in divided doses.
- To treat women with ductal carcinoma in situ (DSIC) following breast surgery and radiation: 20 mg daily for five years is the preferred dose.
- To reduce the risk of developing breast cancer in women at high risk of breast cancer: The recommended dose is 20 mg every day for five years.
- To treat breast cancer in adults-palliative: The recommended dose is 10 to 20 mg two times daily.
- Do not skip doses or stop using Nolvadex tablets suddenly. Stopping the medicine suddenly may make your condition worse.
- You should only take the number of tablets that you have been told. Visit your nearest medical center immediately, if you think that you have taken too many Nolvadex tablets by mistake.
- The dosage regimen may differ from the information contained in this document. In the case of any confusion, please consult your doctor.
How long should you take Nolvadex 10 mg?
Continue taking Nolvadex 10 mg tablets for as long as your doctor recommends.
Missed dose of Nolvadex 10 mg
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Leave the missed dose if it is almost time for your next dose. Do not take an extra dose to make up the missed one. Try to take the drug at the same time each day as this will reduce the chance of missing the dose.
How should Nolvadex 10 mg be stored?
- It should be stored at room temperature.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and away from pets. Avoid exposure to light, moisture, and heat.
- Do not place it in the bathroom or near a sink.
- Do not take any medicine after the expiry date, which is mentioned on the carton.