Omez 10 mg(omeprazole )
Omez 10 mg (Omeprazole)
Omez is an acid reducer drug, which lowers the natural acid production in the stomach. Omez capsules contain Omeprazole as active ingredient.
What is Omez-10 mg used for?
It is used:
- To treat gastric and duodenal ulcers in adults
- To treat gastroesophageal reflux disease and maintenance of healing of erosive esophagitis in children
It may also be given together with antibiotics to treat gastric ulcers caused by infection with H.Pylori. The medicine is not for immediate relief of heartburn symptoms.
How does Omez-10 mg work?
Omez capsules contain Omeprazole, an irreversible and selective proton pump inhibitor, which suppresses gastric acid secretion by specific inhibition of the hydrogen-potassium ATPase system found at the secretory surface of gastric parietal cells. Because this enzyme system is considered as the acid pump within the gastric mucosa, the drug inhibits the final step of acid production.
What are the different doses of Omez?
Omez capsules are available to purchase online from premiumrxdrugs.com in doses of 10 mg, 20 mg, and 40 mg. Buy Omez-10 mg online to grab various exciting offers.
What does Omez-10 mg contain?
The active ingredient is Omeprazole. Each Omez capsule contains 10 mg, 20 mg, and 40 mg of Omeprazole.
What are the side effects of Omez-10 mg?
Tell your physician, if you do not feel well while consuming Omez capsules.
All drugs can have undesired side effects. Sometimes they are severe, most of the time they are not. You may require medical help, if you get some of the adverse reactions. Inform your physician, if you notice any of the following and they worry you.
These are the most common adverse effects of Omez.
Tell your physician immediately, if you experience:
- Fast, irregular, or pounding heartbeat
- Excessive tiredness
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- Swelling of the face, throat, eyes, tongue, lips, hands, ankles, feet, or lower legs
- Muscle spasms
- Diarrhea with watery stools
The list of the adverse effects listed above is not complete. If you suffer from any of these or any other unwanted effects, please inform your physician.
What medications interact with Omez-10 mg?
Please tell your physician, if you are consuming any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription. Your physician or pharmacist may wish to alter your dose, if you are consuming any of the following.
- St John's wort
These drugs may be affected by Omez or may affect how well Omez works. You may need a different amount of medicines, or you may need to consume different medicines. You physician has more information on drugs to be careful with or avoid while consuming Omez.
When should Omez-10 mg not be used?
It should not be used in patients with hypersensitivity to any component of the formulation.
How should Omez-10 mg be taken?
- Take Omez exactly as prescribed by your physician.
- Do not change your dose or stop taking it without consulting your physician.
- Take it at least 1 hour before a meal. Swallow the capsule whole with a glass full of water. Do not crush or chew the capsule.
- If you have difficulty swallowing, you may take as follows:
- Place one teaspoon of applesauce into a clean bowl.
- Open the capsule and empty the contents onto the applesauce. Mix it well and swallow the mixture right away with a glass of water. Do not crush or chew the pellets. Also, do not store this mixture for later use.
- If you take too much Omez capsules, tell your physician right away.
- You should only take the number of capsules that you have been told. Visit your nearest medical centre immediately, if you think that you have taken too many Omez capsules by mistake. An accidental overdose of Omez may cause side effects like blurred vision, confusion, dry mouth, flushing, headache, fast heartheat, drowsiness, vomiting, and sweating, etc.
- The dosage regimen may differ from the information contained in this document. In the case of any confusion, please consult your physician.
How long should you take Omez-10 mg?
Continue taking it for as long as your physician recommends.
Missed dose of Omez-10 mg
If you have forgotten a dose, take it as soon you remember and go back to your usual dosing schedule. If the time to take the next dose is near, leave the forgotten dose and take the next dose. Do not double up the dose to compensate the missed one.
How should Omez-10 mg be stored?
- Keep the medicine where children cannot reach.
- Keep the capsules in its original packet until it is time to take them.
- Store it at room temperature.
- Do not store it or any other medicine in the bathroom or near a sink.