Omez 40 mg (Omeprazole)
Omez is a prescription medication that reduces the amount of acid in the stomach. It contains the active ingredient omeprazole, which is a proton pump inhibitor. Physicians prescribe this medication for indigestion, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). Omeprazole helps in healing acid damage to the stomach and esophagus. It is also helpful in preventing ulcers. Its regular intake relieves symptoms such as difficulty swallowing, heartburn, and persistent cough. The pharmaceutical agent is also effective in treating cancer of the esophagus.
Omez general information
What is Omez used for?
Omez is formulated for:
- Duodenal ulcers
- Short term treatment of active benign gastric ulcer
- GERD- maintenance of healing of erosive esophagitis
- Zollinger Ellison syndrome
- Reduction of risk of gastrointestinal bleeding in critically ill patients
How do Omez works?
Omez comprises of Omeprazole, which adheres to an enzyme in gastric parietal cells in the presence of acidic gastric pH and prevents the final transport of hydrogen ions into the gastric lumen. In this way, it diminishes the accumulation of acid in the gastric lumen with lessened gastroesophageal reflux and heals duodenal ulcers.
Where to buy Omez?
Buy Omez online from premiumrxdrugs.com. at an affordable price. It is a trusted online pharmacy that delivers the pharmaceutical products on time.
What does Omez contain?
Omez contains Omeprazole as the active substance. It is considered useful in treating a wide range of issues affecting the gastrointestinal tract. Each tablet delivers 40 mg of the beneficial ingredient.
What are the side effects of Omez?
In addition to its intended effects, Omez 40 mg may cause unwanted side effects too. In case it causes side effects, you should immediately seek medical help. This is not the complete list of side effects. You may experience any side effect, please inform your health care specialist if you experience any side effect of this medication. You may experience:
- Central nervous disorders- headache, drowsiness, weakness, dizziness, fatigue
- Gastrointestinal issues- abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, nausea, flatulence, vomiting, acid regurgitation, pseudomembranous colitis.
- Musculoskeletal issues- bone fracture
- Dermatological effects- rash, itching
- Cardiovascular system disorders- chest pain
- Miscellaneous issues- allergic reactions
What medicates interact with Omez?
- Some pharmaceutical agents such as triazolam, saquinavir, antifungal agents, digoxin, flurazepam, cyclosporine, tacrolimus, diazepam, phenytoin, and warfarin can affect the working of Omeprazole.
- Omez may decrease the absorption of medications requiring acid pH, including ampicillin, digoxin, itraconazole, ketoconazole, and iron salts
- Your gastrointestinal medication may significantly decrease the effects of certain drugs like nelfinavir and atazanavir.
- Concurrent use with warfarin may increase the risk of bleeding.
- The use of voriconazole can also delay the effects of Omez tablets.
- The use of omeprazole tablets may also affect the antiplatelets effects of clopidogrel.
- Avoid concurrent use of cilostazol as it may increase the levels in the blood.
- Avoid coadministration with Rifampicin.
- Do not use tacrolimus and methotrexate with your gastrointestinal medication.
When should Omez not be used?
- The use of omez tablets is contraindicated in patients with hypersensitivity towards any ingredients of the medicine.
- Discontinue the gastrointestinal medicine or stop breastfeeding.
Use carefully in the following conditions:
- Liver disease
How should Omez be taken?
Gerd/erosive esophagitis- The recommended dose is 20 mg once daily.
Duodenal ulcers caused by H. Pylori- You must take 40 mg once daily in the morning with clarithromycin for two weeks. Then the dose may reduce to 20 mg once daily for two weeks.
Gastric ulcer- The suggested dose is 40 mg once daily for 4 to 6 weeks.
Reduction of the risk of gastrointestinal bleeding in critically ill patients- The recommended initial dose is 40 mg, then another 40 mg dose 6 to 8 hours, followed by 40 mg daily once a day for up to two weeks.
Gastric hypersecretory conditions- Take 60 mg once daily initially, then increase your dose up to 120 mg thrice daily.
• Children 5 to 9 kg- 5 mg once daily for the treatment of GERD/esophagitis.
• 10 to 19 kg weight- 10 mg once daily is the recommended dose.
• Children equal or more than 20 kg- The suggested dose is 20 mg once daily.
How long should Omez be taken?
Continue taking the gastrointestinal tablets as long as they are prescribed to you. Bring them as instructed and prescribed. Do not stop the treatment in between the course, otherwise, your symptoms may reappear. Discuss with your physician before stopping the treatment and follow his/her advice.
Missed dose of Omez
Do not take a double dose to compensate the missed one. If you forget to take a dose of Omez, take it as soon as remember and then take the next scheduled dose at the right time.
How to store Omez?
Store the tablets in its original package to protect from moisture. Keep it away from the sight of children and pets. Protect it from direct heat and light.