Pantaloc 40 mg (Pantoprazole)
Pantaloc 20 mg tablets contain Pantoprazole, a substituted benzimidazole that inhibits the secretion of HCL in the stomach by specific action of the proton pumps of the parietal cells. Pan is an acid reducer that lowers the natural acid production in the stomach.
What is Pantaloc 40 mg used for?
- Short-term treatment of erosive esophagitis related to Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Maintenance of healing of erosive esophagitis
- Pathological hypersecretory conditions including Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome
How does Pantaloc 40 mg work?
Pantaloc contains Pantoprazole, a proton pump inhibitor that inhibits gastric acid secretion. Pantoprazole inhibits specifically and doses proportionally H, K+ ATPase, an enzyme, which is responsible for the secretion of gastric acid in the parietal cells of the stomach. The drug works by reducing the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
What are the different doses of Pantaloc?
Pantaloc tablets are available to order online from premiumrxdrugs.com in doses of 20 mg and 40 mg. Buy Pan 40 mg online far cheaper than other local pharmacies.
What does Pantaloc 40 mg contain?
The active ingredient is Pantoprazole. Each gastro-resistant Pan tablet contains 20 mg of Pantoprazole.
What are the side effects of Pantaloc 40 mg?
Pan, just like many other drugs, may also show some side effects. The side effects may vary from being very mild to severe. Here are a few common side effects of this drug:
- Fluctuation in weight
- Joint pain
- Trouble concentrating
- Memory loss
- Feeling of choking
- Trouble breathing
- Stomach pain
- Swelling of the ankles, hands, and feets
The side effects should not disturb you or prevent you from taking the drug beforehand. In case you take the drug and are feeling any of the above-mentioned side effects then you must visit your physician immediately.
What medications interact with Pantaloc 40 mg?
Pan interacts with many drugs and produces some serious health effects. Here are the common drugs that may interact with Pan:
- Medicines used to treat Human Immunodeficiency syndrome
- Phenprocoumon that affects the thinning and thickening of the wall
- Posaconazole used to treat fungal infections
- Erlotinib used to treat cancer
Ask your physician for a complete list of drugs to be avoided so that you can prevent any negative interactions between the drugs.
When should Pantaloc 40 mg not be used?
It should not be used in patients with hypersensitivity to any component of the formulation or to other proton pump inhibitors.
How should Pantaloc be taken?
- You can take Pan tablets with food or an empty stomach. Swallow the tablet whole with a glass full of water.
- If you have difficulty swallowing a Pan 40 mg tablet, you can take two 20 mg tablets instead. Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- Short-term treatment of erosive esophagitis related to GERD:The recommended dosage for adults is 40 mg once daily for up to 8 weeks
- Children (≥ 15 kg to < 40 kg): The recommended dosage is 20 mg once daily for 8 weeks
- Children (≥ 40 kg): 40 mg): 40 mg is the preferred dosage
- Maintenance of healing of erosive esophagitis: The recommended dosage for adults is 40 mg once daily.
- Zollinger syndrome: 40 mg twice daily is the suggested dosage for adults.
- Never stop the dosage or change the dosage without your physician's advice as it may cause adverse reactions or withdrawal symptoms.
- Take the medicine regularly to get the best results.
- In case you accidentally take an overdose of the drug, then immediately contact your physician in case you feel any discomfort. Use the medicines regularly and wisely to avoid an overdose of the drug.
- The dosage regimen may differ from the information contained in this document. In the case of any confusion, please talk to your physician.
How long should you take Pantaloc 40 mg?
Continue taking it for as long as your physician recommends. Take your medicine at the same time each day as this will help you to remember to take it regularly. If you have trouble remembering your doses, ask your physician for some tips.
Missed dose of Pantaloc 40mg
In the case of miss a dose do not panic and take the dose as soon as you remember, but if it is less 12 hours left for the dose of this drug then leave the missed dose and take the next dose at the correct time.
How should Pantaloc 40 mg be stored?
- Keep the drug away from heat and moisture.
- Place it away from the reach of children.
- Do not store it in the bathroom or near a sink.