Progynova 2 mg
|Description||Progynova is the medicine that contains the active ingredient Estradiol, which is a type of estrogen, a female sex hormone produced by the ovaries.|
|Manufacturer||Zydus Healthcare, India|
Progynova 2mg (Estradiol)
Progynova 2mg is the medicine that contains the active ingredient Estradiol, which is a type of estrogen, a female sex hormone produced by the ovaries. Estrogen is required for many processes in the body. It is used to treat symptoms of menopause such as, vaginal dryness, burning, hot flashes, and irritation. The medication at times used as part of cancer treatment in women and in men. Other uses include prevention of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women, and replacement of sex hormone in women with ovarian failure or other circumstances that cause a lack of natural estrogen in the body is sold as medication under various trade names, some of which are Climara, Estrace, Climara Forte, E2, Vagifem, and Progynon Depot. Progynova may also be used for other conditions not listed in this medication guide.
What is progynova 2mg used for?
Progynova 2 mg tablets are a hormone replacement therapy (HRT) used as an alternative for a lack of oestrogen production by the ovaries that happens during menopause or following surgical removal of the ovaries, to relieve symptoms of menopause caused by oestrogen deficiency, such as restlessness, night mare, headache, hot flushes, vaginal dryness, mood swings, lack of concentration and loss of energy. The tablets are also used to help in prevention of postmenopausal bone loss (osteoporosis) and decrease the risk of fracture. The medication stimulates the improvement of female sexual characteristics, and is used as the oestrogen component of transgender hormone therapy for masculine to feminine transsexuals.
How does progynova works?
Progynova 2 mg tablets contain estradiol valerate, a prodrug (or precursor) of natural human estradiol, which is the major and most active form of the female sex hormone oestrogen, produced by the ovaries. Oestrogen is a steroid hormone that binds to specific receptors inside oestrogen-responsive cells and stimulates them to create proteins involved in producing female sexual features, such as breast enlargement and in regulating the menstrual cycle. Oestrogen also has quite a lot of other activities in various metabolic processes plus maintaining bone mass and lipid (fat) metabolism.
Where to buy Progynova 2 mg?
Progynoma 2 mg is the best choice for the treatment of menopause, prevention of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women, transgender hormone therapy for masculine to feminine transsexuals. You can buy Progynova 2 mg from premiumrxdrugs.com online at an absolute lowest possible price.
What does proginova contains?
Progynova contains the active ingredient estradiol valerate, a prodrug (or precursor) of 17beta-oestradiol, the major and most active form of oestrogen produced by the ovaries, and is used for hormone replacement therapy (HRT).
What are the side effects of Proginova 2 mg?
Common side effects reported when taking Progynova tablets 2 mg are breast pain, breast tenderness nausea, abdominal pain, oedema, headache, skin rash and itching, sleeplessness and depression. More severe side effects include changes in liver function at higher doses and increased risk of dementia if initiated in women aged 60 or older.
What medications interact with Proginova 2 mg?
Some interacting drugs which can interact or interfere with estradiol working are warfarin (blood thinner), ritonavir (anti retroviral), carbamazepine, cimetidine, Phenobarbital, phenytoin, rifampin. Some antibiotics like erythromycin, clarithromycin, or antifungal medicines like ketoconazole. These are not all the drugs which can interact with estradiol. There may be other drugs. Let your health specialist know about all your present medications in advance. Do not start a new medication without appropriate medical attention and advice.
Where should progynova 2 mg not be used?
You should not use Progynova tablets 2 mg if you:
- are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- are allergic to oestradiol valerate or any ingredients in Progynova
- have deep venous thrombosis, thromboembolic disorders, cerebral vascular accident associated with oestrogen use
- have abnormal genital bleeding of unknown cause
- have a past or family history of carcinoma of the breast, endometrial carcinoma or liver disease
- are taking other medications that may interact with Progynova.
- are a diabetic pateint taking antidiabetics or insulin, without discussion with your health care specialist, as Progynova may influence your glucose tolerance
How should progynova 2 mg be used?
- Progynova dosage for you will be decided by your health care specialist after examining you in detail. Dosage may depend on numerous factors like age, seriousness of the conditions, other conditions, and allergies among several others.
- In case of an over dosage of estradiol, get urgent doctor's appointment or call the Doctor immediately. Overdose can result in vaginal bleeding, vomiting, and nausea.
- Long-term HRT with Progynova does have linked with health risks, including an increased risk of endometrial cancer, breast cancer, stroke and deep vein thrombosis. For women with an intact uterus adding a progestogen to an oestrogen replacement routine like Progynova for no less than 10 days per cycle is recommended to diminish the risk of endometrial cancer.
Missed dose of Progynova 2 mg?
If you miss a dose of Progynova tablets 2 mg take it as soon as you retain information, unless it is time to take the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose. If you forget to take a tablet for more than 12 to 24 hours, irregular bleeding may occur.
How should Progynova 2 mg be stored?
Keep Progynova 2 mg tablets in their calendar pack until used. Store at room temperature, keep away from direct sunlight and do not put in refrigerator.