Retino A Micro Gel 0.1%
|Description||Retino A micro Tretinoin Gel|
|Generic For||Retino A Micro|
|Manufacturer||Johnson & Johnson|
Retino A 0.1% Micro Gel
Retino A Microgel 0.1% is a formulation containing Tretinoin for the topical treatment of acne. It promotes skin’s recovery from the pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads. The gel formulation decreases the number and severity of acne as well as promotes quick healing of pimples. Tretinoin falls into the category of drugs known as retinoids. It interferes with the growth of skin cells.
Retin A Micro Gel and its active ingredient
Tretinoin is a form of vitamin A, which afford efficient results in skin rejuvenation. It works by opening the clogged pores and thus allows the natural oil production glands to work properly. It exfoliates dead skin cells and improves the appearance. The gel not only treats acne, but also deals with rough patches, wrinkles, dry skin, and tiny bumps along with several other skin issues.
According to clinical trials, the gel has been found to be efficacious in the treatment of acne. For people with sensitive skin, the gel is found to be less irritating.
Side effects of Retino A 0.1% Micro Gel
There are a few possible side effects of using the gel preparation; it is tolerable by most of the people. Some people may experience dryness, itchiness, burning or stinging, skin redness, rash, peeling or discoloration of the skin. If you experience any of these unwanted side effects of Retino A Gel, keep in mind that these Tretinoin responses do not require any medical attention and will go away with time. However, you must consult your dermatologist if any of these worsens or stays for a long time.
Application of Retino A 0.1% Micro Cream
For an effective action, it is important to follow all the instructions and properly apply the gel. Before applying the gel, keep the following things in mind:
- Wash your face before each application and dry it with a soft towel or tissue.
- Take a small amount of formulation on your fingertips, enough and apply enough to cover the affected area of your face. Gently rub your affected area with the help of your fingertips. This will allow the medication to absorb into the skin.
- Be sure to wash your hands when you apply the gel. You can apply it twice daily to get rid of acne and pimples. Apply it regularly in order to achieve the best results.
- Let your healthcare specialist know if you are using astringents or other cosmetic products that tend to exfoliate or dry the skin.
- Avoid direct contact of gel with your eye, nose, or mouth. In case of accidental contact, rinse with plenty of water and if your condition doesn’t improve, seek immediate medical help.
- The gel is not suitable for children less than 12 years of age.
- Let your healthcare provider if you are pregnant or are planning to conceive. Also, tell him/her if you are a nursing mother.
- Avoid applying it if you are hypersensitive towards tretinoin or any other pharmaceutical ingredients in the preparation.
- Do not apply the gel if you have eczema, or if you have the marks of sunburns, or have damaged skin.
- Do not use the gel if you are already using a topical agent that removes the top layer of the skin.
- Apply the gel in prescribed amount and duration as advised by the dermatologist. Apply to the affected area and allow it to stay for some time before rinsing.
- Note that Retino A Micro Gel is highly inflammable therefore avoid smoking while handling the gel.