Retino AC Gel
Clindamycin and Tretinoin Gel
|Strength||0.025% + 1% (15 gm)|
|Generic Name||Clindamycin and Tretinoin|
|Manufacturer||Johnson & Johnson|
Out Of Stock
Retino AC Gel (Clindamycin and Tretinoin )
Retino AC gel is a gel formulation combining Tretinoin 0.025% and Clindamycin 1%. It is licensed for the treatment of acne vulgaris when blackheads, pustules, and papules are present in patients aged at least 12.The medicine combines the antibiotic and anti-inflammatory effects of Tretinoin and Clindamycin. Tretinoin is a first generation topical retinoid, which regulates the cell growth and regenerates the outer layer of the skin.
Clindamycin is an antibiotic agent useful for the treatment of the number of bacterial infections. It is used to treat acne vulgaris, which typically leads to suppression of cutaneous Propionibacterium acnes (a gram-positive human skin commensal that is involved in the pathogenesis of acne.
What is Retino AC 15g used for?
Retino AC is lincosamide and retinoid combination drug indicated for the topical application in the treatment of acne in patients 12 years and older. Acne vulgaris is characterized by areas of pimples, whiteheads, blackheads, and greasy skin, and may result in scarring. It occurs when the skin pores become clogged with dead skin cells and oil from the skin.
How does Retino AC 15g work?
Retino AC comprises of two active ingredients Tretinoin and Clindamycin. Clindamycin is a semisynthetic derivative of lincomycin reveals potent activity against gram-negative and gram-positive bacterial infections. The drug inhibits bacterial protein synthesis, thereby stopping bacterial growth.
Another active pharmaceutical ingredient Tretinoin, being a metabolite of retinol, is both structurally and pharmacologically related to vitamin A, which regulates the cell growth and regenerates the outer layer of the skin. It makes the surface layer of the skin thinner and pores less likely to become blocked, reducing the occurrence of blackheads, whiteheads, and pimples.
What are the different doses of Retino AC 15g?
Retino AC Gel is available to purchase online from premiumrxdrugs.com in 15g strength. Buy Retino AC 15g online far cheaper than other local pharmacies.
What does Retino AC 15g contain?
Retino AC contains two active ingredients Clindamycin and Tretinoin. Each 15g tube contains o.o25% of Tretinoin and 1% of Clindamycin.
What are the side effects of Retino AC 15g?
The reported side effects are typical of the component drugs and included mild erythema, itching, burning, and stinging with a severity similar to that of comparator medicines; the severity of scaling was between that of Clindamycin and Tretinoin.
Other side effects not mentioned in this medication guide may occur in some patients. Inform your physician if you observe anything that is making you feel unwell.
What medications interact with Retino AC 15g?
- You should not use Retino AC if you are using another antibiotic called erythromycin, or using other skin medications that contain erythromycin.
- Keep a list of all your topical agents and give to your physician. Also, do not start new prescription, herbals products, over-the-counter medicines, and dietary supplements without telling your physician.
When should Retino AC 15g not be used?
- Retino AC is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to preparations containing Clindamycin, Tretinoin or other ingredients present in this formulation.
- It should not be used by patients with regional enteritis, ulcerative colitis, or a history of antibiotic-associated colitis.
- The drug is not recommended for use in patients with a family history of cancer, a history of acute eczemas, perioral dermatitis, and rosacea or deep cystic nodular acne.
- Also, the gel should not be used during pregnancy.
How should Retino AC 15g be used?
- The recommended dose of Retino AC is one pea-sized amount applied evenly to the face or the affected areas once daily at bedtime. No dose adjustment is recommended for age or impaired clearance.
- Before using Retino AC gel, wash the entire face with a mild soap and warm water. Apply a thin layer directly to each acne lesions or to affected areas. Rub it well into the skin.
- It should not be applied to the eyes, eyelids, nostrils, and lips. Remember, your hands should be washed after application.
- Patients treated with Retino AC gel acne treatment may use cosmetics, but the affected area to be treated should be cleansed thoroughly before the medicine is applied.
- Consult your physician immediately the moment you realize that high quantity of Retino AC gel has been used.
How long should you use Retino AC 15g?
A clinical therapeutic response may not be apparent for several weeks; continuous use of Retino AC should not exceed twelve weeks without careful evaluation.
Missed dose of Retino AC 15g?
Always remember to use Retino AC on time. If you miss a dose, then use it as soon as you remember.
How should Retino AC 15g be stored?
- The contents of Retino AC gel are flammable, keep the medicine away from heat and flame
- Store the gel at room temperature. Do not freeze it
- Keep it out of the reach of children and away from pets