Salicylic Acid Ointment 6%
|Generic Name||Salicylic Acid|
Salicylix SF6 Ointment (Salicylic Acid )
Salicylix SF6 ointment contains the active ingredient Salicylic acid, which belongs to a group of medicines known as keratolytic. It is a topical agent used to treat many skin disorders such as acne, psoriasis, dandruff, calluses, common warts, and dermatitis of the skin and scalp, depending on the dosage form and strength preparation. It is used as an anti-inflammatory drug. Salicylic acid is on the WHO list of essential medicines, the most important medicines required in a basic health system. It is best known for its use as a key ingredient in topical anti-acne products. The salts of Salicylic acid are known as salicylates.
What is Salicylix used for?
Salicylix SF6 ointment is prescribed for the treatment of acne, corns, warts, and dandruff. It can cause shedding of the outer layer of the skin. The medicine increases the moisture in the skin and dissolves the substances that causes the skin cells to stick together, which makes it easier for the skin cells to shed.
How does Salicylix work?
Salicylix SF6 contains the active ingredient Salicylic acid, which works as a comedolytic, bacteriostatic, and keratolytic agent, causing cells present in the epidermis to shed. It opens the clogged pores and neutralizes the bacteria within, preventing pores from clogging up again, and allowing room for new cell growth.
What are the different doses of Salicylix SF6?
Salicylix SF6 is available to order online from premiumrxdrugs.com in 15g strength. Buy Salicylix SF6 online far cheaper than your local pharmacies.
What does Salicylix SF6 contain?
The active ingredient is Salicylic acid. Each 15 tube contains 6% of Salicylic acid.
What are the side effects of Salicylix SF6?
All drugs may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor side effects. Check with your physician if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
- Dry skin
- Peeling of the skin
- Scaling of the skin
Seek immediate medical help if any of these severe side effects occur:
- Severe allergic reactions such as itching, rash, hives, severe irritation, difficulty breathing, tightness in the chest, swelling of the mouth, tongue, face, or tongue.
What medications interact with Salicylix SF6?
If you are using this medicine under your physician’s direction, your physician may already be aware of possible drug interactions and may be closely monitoring for you. Never start or stop any medicine before checking with your physician. Before using Salicylix SF6, tell your physician if you use any medicine before checking with your physician. The document does not contain all possible drug interactions, therefore, before using Salicylic acid ointment, tell your physician about all the drugs you use. Always keep a list of all your prescribed or non-prescribed medications with you, and share the list with your physician.
When should Salicylix SF6 not be used?
- Salicylix SF6 should not be used in any patient known to be hypersensitive to Salicylic acid or other ingredients present in the medication.
- It is not suitable for children under two years of age.
- Do not use the drug on the cuts, sunburned skin, or abrasions.
How should Salicylix SF6 be used?
- Salicylix SF6 comes as an ointment. It may be used as often as several times in a day or as infrequently as several times a week, depending on the condition of the patient. Follow the instructions on the package label or your prescription label, and ask your physician to explain anything you do not understand. Use it exactly as directed.
- If you are using it to treat your acne problem, your skin may become dry at the beginning of the treatment. To prevent dryness and irritation, you may apply for the medicine less often at first, and then slowly begin to apply it more often after your skin becomes able to tolerate it. If your skin becomes irritated or dry at any time during the treatment, you may decrease the frequency of application. Talk to your physician or check the package label for more information.
- Apply a small amount of Salicylix ointment to the affected area of your skin for three days when you begin to use this product. If no reaction or any skin discomfort occurs, please contact your physician. Do not swallow this topical agent. Be careful while applying, it should not get into your eyes, nose, and mouth. If it accidently entered into your eyes, nose, or mouth, immediately wash the area with water.
- Apply Salicylic acid ointment only on the areas that are affected by a skin disorder. Do not apply it to large areas of your body unless your physician tells you to do. Try not to cover the treated area with a bandage or cloth unless your physician tells you to do so.
How long should you use Salicylix?
Use Salicylix SF6 as long as it is recommended to you. Do not stop in between during the treatment as it may take several weeks or longer to see the effects of this medication. If your condition still does not improve after the prescribed time, call your physician.
Missed dose of Salicylix SF6?
Always remember to use the medicine on time. If you miss a dose, then use it as soon as you remember.
How should Salicylix SF6 be stored?
- Salicylic acid ointment is extremely inflammable. Do not keep or use it near a fire or open flame
- Store the medicine at room temperature
- Keep it out of the reach of children
- Keep the tube tightly closed.
- Ensure that your children and pets don't have access to the medication.