Tri Luma Cream
|Generic Name||Hydroquinon 4%, Tretinoin 0.05%, Fluocinolone 0.01% Topical Cream|
|Manufacturer||Encube Ethicals (Galderma)|
TriLuma Cream 15mg
Tri-Luma cream is a topical therapy with a unique combination of effective ingredients. Tri-Luma cream an FDA approved cream for treating melasma. The cream has given some hopes to sufferers to treat their skin blemishes smartly. The cream contains three active ingredients those are effective to treat the skin issues. It’s an eight-week course for treating facial dark spots from moderate to severe melasma appearance. Try tri-Luma cream to reduce the signs of melasma, the power of its 3 main ingredient plays a vital role to treat skin issues.
Working of TriLuma Cream:
TriLuma cream helps in treating the dark or brown facial spots. The cream triggers its effect by restricting the certain hormones (prostaglandins) production that causes skin redness and patches. Tri-Luma contains hydroquinone (one of the ingredient) which reduces skin pigmentation. Another effective ingredient named Tretinoin helps you renew skin tissues. Tretinoin contains vitamin A substance that offers natural glow and softens the skin. For skin revitalization, apply TriLuma cream along with sunscreen (SPS 30) lotion.
Active Ingredients of TriLuma:
Fluocinolone Acetonide 0.01% reduces skin inflammation. Hydroquinone 4% is an agent that works on depigmentation to lighten the skin.Tretinoin 0.05% increases exfoliate the complete skin cells.
How to Apply Tri-Luma Cream?
- Use the cream if it is recommended by your doctor. Following steps can be applied to use Tri-Luma:
- Apply Tri-Luma 30 minutes before going to bed
- Wash your face with mild cleanser and pet it dry
- Take a pea size amount of a cream on your fingertips to apply a thin coating on discolored spots, cover a ½ inch of normal skin area along with affected area.
- Rub the cream gently on your skin, it will almost invisible after a few seconds of its application. If you still see the cream of your face that means you have applied an extra cream.
- While applying Tri-Luma cream, make sure to avoid mouth, eyes, nose and any open wounds corner areas.
- Apply the cream till the time it is recommended by your dermatologist. Too much application of it may cause irritation to your skin and won’t allow the faster results.
- Don’t cover the area with anything where you have applied the cream.
You may experience skin burning, redness, itching, peeling of the skin or irritation after its application, these are the common signs, but if it irritates your skin too much then stop using the cream immediately and consult your dermatologist.It is best to use Tri-Luma cream with effective sunscreens (SPF 30) if you are planning to go out. Also, wear protective clothes if you are spending a lot of your time in sunlight. Sun avoidance measures help Tri-luma to work fast. This cream help improves melasma appearance but it does not promise to cure.
Things to avoid while using TriLuma Cream:
- Avoid going in sunlight and UV rays after applying the cream. Due to the ingredients of Tri-Luma cream, the chances are high to get sunburn. The dark skin patches may become darker as sun rays trigger the melasma faster when skin gets exposed in sunlight. Hereby it is important to protect your skin from the sun to prevent further skin darkening. Avoiding sun rays is especially important for women who are taking birth control pills or have undergone hormone replacement therapy.
- Avoid using alcohol-containing toiletries, other products like harsh soaps, cleansers, astringents, shampoos, spices or lime etc.
- Don’t use other medicines while using Tri-Luma cream unless your doctor advises. Certain drugs and medications can cause serious skin issues while using the cream.
The Side Effects of Tri-Luma Cream:
Look for immediate medical help if you experience any of allergic reaction like:
- Swelling on the face
- Swelling on lips or tongue
- Breathing problem
Consult your dermatologist if you face below effect:
- Severe Skin irritation
- Skin darkness
- Severe skin burning sensation or swelling
- Eye, nose or mouth irritation.
Fewer side effects of Tri-Luma cream are:
- Skin Rashes
- Mild skin peeling, redness, burning, itchiness, swelling, or dryness.
- Noticeable red bloodlines on the skin.
This is not a complete side effect list, some other may occur depending upon a skin type.
Warnings and Precautions:
Tri-Luma cream contains sulfites. Sulfites may cause severe and the life-threatening allergic in people who are allergic to sulfites. Hydroquinone may also cause temporary skin darkening. You should not use Tri-Luma cream if you are pregnant for planning to get pregnant.