Vagifem 25 mcg
Available with the expiration date of August 2017 Estradiol is the active ingredient present in Vagifem 25 mcg. Estradiol Vaginal Tabs is mainly used to treat vaginal menopausal symptoms such as vaginal dryness, hot flashes, irritation, and burning
|Generic Name||Estradiol Vaginal Tabs|
|Manufacturer||Novo - Nordisk, Denmark|
Estradiol Vaginal Tabs (Vagifem - 25 mcg)
Estradiol is the active ingredient present in Vagifem 25 mcg. Estradiol Vaginal Tabs is mainly used to treat vaginal menopausal symptoms such as vaginal dryness, hot flashes, irritation, and burning.
Vagifem general information
What is Vagifem used for?
Estradiol, which is a type of Estrogen is naturally produced by the ovaries. It is female sex hormone which is required for several processes in the body. Medication needs to be taken when it is not produced in sufficient quantity in the body.
Though mainly for treatment of menopausal symptoms Vagifem is also used for replacement of Estrogen in those with ovarian failure, prevention of osteoporosis or other such disorders that result in deficiency of natural Estrogen in the body.
How does Vagifem work?
Vagifem 25 mcg releases small amount of estrogen into the vagina to prevent relief from from the vaginal symtoms such as irritation, itching, and dryness.
Where to buy Vagifem online?
Femilon is available to our client in 25 mcg strength. Buy Vagifem 25 mcg online at a quite affordable price.
What does Vagifem contain?
Femilon contains Estradiol as an active constituent. Each tablet 25 mcg of Estradiol to the patient.
What are the side effects of Vagifem?
Some common side effects of the medication include:
- Breast tenderness
- Stomach upset
- Weight changes
If the conditions do not go after some time then you must consult your doctor. Taking the medicine can some time lead to serious side effects as well:
- Unusual vaginal bleeding
- Breast lumps
- Vaginal irritation
- Vaginal odour or discharge
- Severe stomach pain
- Persistent nausea
- Yellowing skin or eye
- Increase thirst
- Dark urine
- Swelling in limbs
The above list is not an exhaustive list. You may experience some other side effects as well. Consult your doctor immediately if you experience any such serious side effects.
What medications interact with Vagifem?
Some interacting drugs which can interfere with the working of the medicine are Rifampin, Carbamazepine, Cimetidine, Phenytoin, Phenobarbital, Ritonavir, St John’s wort, Erythromycin, Clarithromycin, Ketoconazole etc. Tell your doctor about the current medication you are taking so that chances of drug interaction are reduced.
When should Vagifem not be used?
- Vagifem 25 mcg is contraindicated in people who have an allergy to the ingredients.
- It is a pregnancy category X drug. Hence, it is not safe to use if you are pregnant or planning to be pregnant. It is also not safe to use in case you are breast feeding your baby.
- Smoking when on a dose of Estradiol Vaginal Tabs is not recommended as it may lead to heart attack or blood clot.
How should Vagifem be taken?
- Age, seriousness of the conditions, drug interactions, allergies to drugs etc needs to be considered before the doctor fixes the recommended dose for you. The doctor will prescribe the dose after examining you thoroughly.
- You may be required to have mammograms and regular checkups while the medication is on. Self examination for lumps in the breast is also an absolute necessity.
- You must discuss with your doctor about the various risks that come with taking the medicine for prolong period. Taking the medicine for long can increase the risk of ovarian, uterine or breast cancer.
- If you take Progestin and Estradiol then chances of uterine cancer gets reduced. However, Progestin can only be prescribed if you have not undergone hysterectomy.
- You must consult your doctor and tell him your medical history as certain conditions do not permit the use of vagifem 25 mcg as it will cause harm to your body.
- Get medical help or call the doctor in case there is a case of overdose. Overdose may result in vaginal bleeding, vomiting or nausea.
How long should you take Vagifem?
Continue taking Vagifem 25 mcg for as long as prescribed by the physician.
Missed dose of Vagifem
Take the medicine as soon as you remember in case of missed dose. However, do not take two doses close to each other.
How should Vagifem be stored?
The medicine must be store in a dry and cool place away from the reach of children and pets.