Veltam F 0.4 mg 5 mg
Veltam F tablets are used to relieve symptoms of benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH), a condition in which the human prostate becomes enlarged, resulting in urination problems
|Generic For||Veltam F|
|Strength||0.4 mg + 5 mg|
|Generic Name||Tamsulosin + Finasteride|
Veltam F (0.4 mg 5 mg) Tamsulosin Finasteride
Veltam F is a drug that contains Tamsulosin and Finasteride as the two main active ingredients. It is generally used to treat adult men with enlarged prostrate due to which difficulty in urination is caused. It belongs to the category of selective antagonist.
What is Veltam F used for?
The combination medicine Veltam F is used for the treatment of the signs and symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). BPH is a noncancerous enlargement of the prostate gland in men. The word hyperplasia means enlargement that is not cancerous. It is also called Benign Enlargement of Prostate (BEP).
How does Veltam F works?
Tamsulosin, the active substance of Veltam F is a selective antagonist at alpha-1A and alpha-1B-adrenoceptors in the prostate, prostatic capsule, prostatic urethra, and bladder neck. At least three discrete alpha1-adrenoceptor subtypes have been identified: alpha-1A, alpha-1B and alpha-1D; their distribution differs between human organs and tissue. Approximately 70% of the alpha1-receptors in human prostate are of the alpha-1A subtype. Blockage of these receptors causes relaxation of smooth muscles in the bladder neck and prostate, and thus decreases urinary outflow resistance in men.
The mechanism of action of Finasteride, another active ingredient of the medication is based on its preferential inhibition of Type II 5a-reductase through the formation of a stable complex with the enzyme. Inhibition of Type II 5a-reductase blocks the peripheral conversion of testosterone to DHT, resulting in significant decreases in serum and tissue DHT concentrations, minimal to moderate increase in serum testosterone concentrations, and substantial increases in prostatic testosterone concentrations. As DHT appears to be the principal androgen responsible for stimulation of prostatic growth, a decrease in DHT concentrations will result in a decrease in prostatic volume (approximately 20-30% after 6-24 months of continued therapy). In men with androgenic alopecia, the mechanism of action has not been fully determined, but finasteride has shown to decrease scalp DHT concentration to the levels found in hairy scalp, reduce serum DHT, increase hair regrowth, and slow hair loss.
Where to buy Veltam F online?
Veltam F tablets are available to order online from premiumrxdrugs.com in 0.4�.5 mg strength. Buy Veltam F 0.4 0.5 mg online at an absolute lowest price.
What are the different side effect of Veltam F?
There are several siginificant side effects of this drug, which are as follows decreased libido, gynecomastia, impotence, testicular, pain ,urticaria, reduction in the volume of ejaculate, rash, nausea, diarrhea, and swelling of the face and lips.
What medicines interact with Veltam F?
It is important that you make known to your physician all the medications you use as there are several medicines which are found to interact with this drug which are as follows
- Acid blocking drugs
- Erectile dysfunction drugs
- Other benign prostatic hyperplasia drugs
When should Veltam F not be used?
You should not use Veltam F 0.4 0.5 mg if you are:
- Veltam F is not suitable for Women. Therefore, it should not be taken by this population.
- Before starting the treatment with Veltam F, appropriate evaluation should be performed to identify other conditions such as stricture disease, infection, hypotonic bladder, prostate cancer, or other neurogenic disorders that might mimic BPH.
- Caution should be used in the administration of Veltam F tablets in those patients with impaired liver function.
- The signs and symptoms of orthostasis (vertigo, dizziness, and postural hypotension) have been reported more frequently in patients taking Veltam F tablets.
- Like other alpha adrenergic drugs, there is a potential risk of syncope (temporary loss of consciousness caused by a fall in blood pressure) reactions.
- Patients starting treatment with Veltam F tablets should avoid situations where injury could result in syncope.
- The intraoperative floppy syndrome has also been reported during cataract surgery in some patients treated with Veltam F.
- Priapism (persistent and painful erection of the penis) may also occur during treatment with Veltam F. Because this health problem can lead to permanent impotence if not properly treated, patients must be advised of the seriousness of the condition.
- Patients are advised not to donate blood until six months of the last dose.
How should Veltam F be used?
The medicine should be taken as prescribed by your physician. If possible, take the dose at a particular time each day; this will minimize the probability of a missed dose. Generally the dosage is decided by the doctor according to the intensity of the problem. Never overdose or under-dose, instead, take the prescribed dosage.
How long should you use Veltam F?
The medicine should be taken for as long as the doctor has recommended. It should be consumed orally. It is advised to use this medication exactly as per your doctor’s instructions.
Missed dose of Veltam F
If you miss one dose of Veltam F 0.4 0.5 mg, you should not attempt to double your next dose. Just do follow the regular dosing schedule.
How should Veltam F be stored?
Veltam F should be stored at controlled room temperature away from heat, moisture and temperature and in an airtight container.