Requip 5 mg
Requip 5mg contains the active ingredient Ropinirole, which is included among the class of dopamine agonists.
Out Of Stock
Requip 5 MG (Ropinirole)
Requip 5mg contains the active ingredient Ropinirole, which is included among the class of dopamine agonists. This medicine is widely used to treat Parkinson's disease and restless legs syndrome (RLS). It can replace dopamine, a natural substance in the brain that helps you control nerve to control body movement
What is Requip 5mg used for?
Requip 5mg is prescribed to treat Parkinson’s disease. This drug should be taken under prescription, and it may harm you if you have no signs of illness. It’s easy to switch patients from Ropinirole immediate release tablets to ropinirole prolonged-release tablets.
How does Requip 5mg work?
The active ingredient of Requip 5mg, Ropinirole belongs to a group of medicines called dopamine agonists that can affect the brain’s natural substance called dopamine. Low level of dopamine raises the risks of Parkinson’s disease, and Ropinirole has similar effects like dopamine. Requip 5mg should be taken under a physician’s prescription and its progress should be monitored regularly.
What does Requip 5mg contain?
Requip 5mg tablet contains 5mg of the active component Ropinirole.
What are the side effects of Requip 5mg?
There are some common side effects of Requip 5mg, such as:
- Inability to control your impulse, drive or temptation to perform an action
- Strong impulse
- Short temper and eagerness to gamble excessively
- Decreased sensitivity to touch
- Frequent or urgent need to urinate
- Altered or increased sexual interest and behavior of significant concern to you or to others
- Fever, stiff muscles, confusion, sweating, fast or uneven heartbeats
- Uncontrollable excessive shopping or spending
- Eating disorder or taking large amounts of food in a short time period
- Swelling in your hands, arms, feet, ankles, or lower legs
- Disturbance in appetite
Some rare side effects of Requip 5mg include:
- Feeling dizzy or faint, especially when you stand up suddenly (this is caused by a drop in blood pressure)
- Drowsiness or falling asleep very suddenly without feeling sleepy first (sudden sleep onset episodes)
- Mental or psychological problems such as delirium (severe confusion), delusions (unreasonable ideas) or paranoia (unreasonable suspicions).
What medications interact with Requip 5mg?
There are some drugs or medicinal elements that may interact with Requip 5mg. These medications include:
- Antipsychotic medications like chlorpromazine, haloperidol, thiothixene
- Any antidepressants
- Warfarin (Coumadin)
- Ciprofloxacin (Cipro)
Tell your doctor about all prescription, non-prescription, illegal, recreational, herbal, nutritional, or dietary drugs that you are taking along with Requip 5mg.
Some other medications are also there that can influence the effectiveness. These medications are , omeprazole, rifampin, cimetidine, fluvoxamine, mexiletine, drugs to treat seizures (such as carbamazepine, phenobarbital), etc.
When should Requip 5mg not be used?
These you already have some conditions, then talk to your doctor before taking Requip 5mg. These conditions are:
- If you are breastfeeding
- If you have an intolerance to some sugars (such as lactose)
- If you are under 18 years old
- If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant
- If you have a history of or have experienced any unusual urges and/or behaviors (such as excessive gambling or excessive sexual behavior
- If you have a serious heart complaint
- If you have a history of or currently have a serious mental health problem
How should Requip 5mg be used?
The accurate dose of Requip 5mg tablets is based on the total daily dose of immediate-release formulation that the patient was receiving. The recommended dose for switching from Ropinirole immediate release tablets to Ropinirole prolonged-release tablets are provided by your doctor.
Missed dose of Requip 5mg
Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed dose. If you have forgotten to take Requip 5mg for one day or more, ask your doctor or nurse for advice on how to start taking it again.
How should Requip 5mg be stored?
Do not store this drug at above 25°C. Keep Requip 5mg out of reach of children as well as moisture and direct heat.