Note: We do not ship Ivermectin products to Australia
Austro Ivermectin 12 mg
Ivermectin 12mg tablet
|Manufacturer||Admed Pharma Pvt. Ltd. (India)|
Austro Ivermectin 12 mg
Ivermectin (Austro) 12mg contains Ivermectin, an FDA approved anti-parasitic drug used in several neglected tropical diseases, including helminthiases, onchocerciasis and scabies. For these indications, this medicine has been widely used and is generally well tolerated. The FDA does not approve this anti-parasitic drug for the treatment of any viral infection.
How to use (infographics and instructions)
Take Ivermectin 12 mg tabs as directed by your doctor. You should take medicine on an empty stomach either two hours before or after meals. The medicine is available in the form of a tablet that you should swallow with a sip of water. Your doctor will determine the dose that suits you and the duration of the treatment for you, depending on the body weight and severity of the infection. Continue to take this anti-parasitic formulation as long as your doctor tells you to do so to obtain better results.
Precautions (warning, allergy, things to remember)
The anthelmintic drug is used in children weighing less than 15 kg to treat helminthic infections and scabies. The safety of this medicine in children weighing less than 15 kg has not been well established.
Dose adjustments or complete avoidance of the Ivermectin may be required in the following conditions.
- Kidney: The anti-parasitic drug should be used with caution in patients with renal complications as it might lower blood sugar levels. If you have any kidney problems, it is highly recommended that you speak to your doctor before consuming this drug.
- Liver: The medicine should be used with caution in patients with moderate to severe liver disease. If you are dealing with hepatic insufficiency, it is important to consult a doctor before consuming Ivermectin formulation.
- Pregnancy and Lactation: Ivermectin formulation is not advised for pregnant ladies unless their clinical condition requires treatment. It is highly recommended that you should speak to your doctor before initiating the treatment. Nursing mothers are advised to first consult their doctors before the consumption of this anti-parasitic drug.
- Alcohol: Do not take this medicine along with alcohol as it may increase the concentration of the medicine, which may cause side effects such as vomiting, diarrhoea, skin rash, abdominal pain, etc.
- Driving: You may experience a decrease in alertness, affecting your vision and making you feel dizzy.
Consumption of high-fat meals has been shown to increase the bioavailability of Ivermectin tabs 12 mg. Avoid taking sodium oxybate, digoxin, barbiturates, valproic acid, diethylcarbamazine, and benzodiazepines and warfarin. Always speak to your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, including herbal preparations, supplements, and vitamins that you buy with a prescription.
Side effects of Ivermectin (Austro) 12mg
Ivermectin is generally well tolerated. Common side effects may include nausea, pruritis, dizziness, or diarrhoea. Neurological effects have been reported in clinical trials using this anti-parasitic drug to treat onchocerciasis and other parasitic infections. However, it is still not clear whether the medicine or the underlying conditions caused these unwanted effects.