Dietary changes can help lower cholesterol and improve your
overall health. There are several foods that you can add to your diet to help
achieve normal cholesterol readings.
According to research studies, unhealthy lifestyle choices
are one of the major causes of high cholesterol. However, other factors such as
genetics, certain health complications and use of medications can also
contribute to higher levels of cholesterol in the bloodstream. High cholesterol
does not cause symptoms but can increase your risk of heart disease. Health
care specialist may recommend statins (cholesterol-lowering drug class) to help
lower cholesterol level in the bloodstream, but these medications can cause
adverse effects such as muscle cramps, nausea, and headaches. Let’s have a look
at some natural ways to lower cholesterol without medication.
Food that Lower Cholesterol
A heart-healthy diet can help you manage your blood
cholesterol and reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke. Here is the list
of foods that could help improve your cholesterol levels by reducing excess
consumption of trans fat and saturated fat.
- Dark leafy green vegetables– Vegetables plays a significant role in keeping our heart healthy. Vegetables especially dark leafy greens are a good source of fibre and antioxidants, and they are low om calories, which lessen your efforts of maintaining a healthy weight. Some vegetables are rich in pectin, the same cholesterol-lowering fibre that is present in oranges and apples. Vegetables that are particularly high in pectin are carrots, eggplants, okra, and potatoes. Vegetables also carry a wide range of plant compounds that are well known for their health benefits. Some of them are incredibly beneficial kin protecting against heart disease.
- Fruits- Fruits, especially berries, can be an excellent addition to a heart-healthy diet. These are rich in soluble fibre which helps to lower blood cholesterol. Soluble fibre allows your body to get rid of excess cholesterol and stopping your liver from producing excessively. Pectin is a soluble fibre which is present in strawberries, citrus fruits, grapes, and apples. This is capable of lowering cholesterol up to 10%. Fruits are also rich in bioactive compounds that help prevent heart disease and other chronic conditions due to their anti-inflammatory effects. Including grapes and berries in your breakfast can help increase good cholesterol (HDL) and lower bad cholesterol (LDL).
- Fatty Fish-Eating fatty fish such as tuna and mackerel can lower LDL by delivering omega 3 fatty acids. Omega 3s boost heart health by increasing good cholesterol and reducing inflammation in the body. A study revealed that older adults who ate oily fish tuna once a weak had a 27% lower risk of stroke or other heart diseases. Omega 3s also reduce triglycerides in the bloodstream and protect the heart from the onset of abnormal heart rhythms. The best way to cook fish is steaming or stewing. Eating fried fish may make you more prone to heart disease or stroke. Some of the heart-protective benefits of fish may also come from peptides found in fish protein.
- Nuts- various studies show that eating a variety of nuts such as almonds, walnuts, peanuts, and brazil nuts is good for heart health. Walnuts are a great source of omega 3 fatty acids, a polyunsaturated fat considered beneficial for heart health. Almonds contain L-arginine, an amino acid, which helps your body to produce nitric oxide. The production of nitric oxide ensures blood pressure regulation inside the body. Eating a handful of nuts can cause a significant reduction in your blood cholesterol levels. Moreover, nuts are known to carry other essential nutrients that are beneficial for the heart in other ways. Potassium, calcium, and magnesium are also found in nuts that may help manage blood pressure and lower your risk of heart attack or stroke.
- Soyfoods- eating soybeans can lower your cholesterol by 5 to 10%. Foods made from soy, including tofu and milk, can be a powerful way to achieve regular cholesterol readings. Consuming 25 grams is enough to gain control over cholesterol levels.
- Whole Grains- Whole grains especially barley and oats and do wonders for your heart health. Several studies linked whole grains with a lower risk of heart disease. Benefits are greater when people have a 3 to 4servings of whole grains a day. Oats contains a type of soluble fibre called beta-glucan which helps to lower blood cholesterol. Adding oats to your diet can cause a significant reduction in your LDL levels. Whole grains have more plant compounds and fibre than refined grains.
- Garlic- Another ingredient used in cooking and medicine; garlic contains various powerful plant compounds, including allicin. Garlic helps patients with elevated cholesterol levels by lowering bad cholesterol. A good amount of garlic must be consumed to achieve a heart-protective effect. One can also buy supplements which are considered more effective than other garlic preparations. You can buy Atorvastatin tablet online from premiumrxdrugs at affordable price.
the availability of numerous acne treatments, it seems challenging to find
which one is right for you and fits your skin type. Consulting a dermatologist
is the only way to make sure you are not doing anything wrong with your skin.
is one of the most potent skincare ingredient and widely used retinoid for
acne. It is considered effective for treating acne, fine lines, wrinkles, and
uneven skin tone. A form of vitamin A, Tretinoin treats and prevent acne through
exfoliation. It increases skin cell turnover and exfoliates the top layers of
our skin. The anti-acne agent lessens the shedding of dead skin cells into the
hair follicles and decreases inflammation associated with acne.
Decades of research confirm Tretinoin as one of the most effective topical treatments for fighting stubborn acne, reducing fine lines, and improving skin texture by reducing unwanted pigmentation. Tretinoin is considered as the gold standard of anti-acne treatments. It has been studied for several decades and has been proven effective in reducing the appearance of acne as well as reversing the signs of photoaging by increasing collagen production within the skin. A tretinoin formulation should be used along with sunscreen daily. Tretinoin is an FDA approved treatment for mild to moderate acne. It should be used sparingly and with caution, since there are side effects like dryness, redness, irritation, and peeling. Pregnant ladies should not think of using topical medicine without consulting a dermatologist. A tretinoin formulation will give you noticeable results within just a few months in any circumstances if you use it every night. Just be aware because Tretinoin can cause a few weeks of skin irritation, dryness, and breakouts, so to decrease the side effects, go slowly, follow nightly application every other day instead of daily usage. Be sure to apply a pea-size drop of the formulation over the entire face, rub it gently to allow the medication to penetrate the deeper level of the skin.
An effective Acne Treatment
If you are suffering from acne and want to maintain healthy skin, then it is probably time to choose an effective acne treatment like Tretinoin. The product can be purchased in various forms including creams and gels in various brands such as Retino A cream, Tretinoin gel, or cream. All the same effects but creams and gels are prescribed according to the skin type of the patients. The combat acne, uneven skin tone, wrinkles, and sun damage. This wonder formula is available in 0.0025% and 0.05%, 0.1%. At first, it peels your skin aggressively on your nose, cheeks, forehead, cheeks, especially if your skin is dry. In some case, it may cause reddening of the skin, and worsen your pimples, opposite to what it claims. In such a case, to reduce the effects of acne, eliminate it. It takes up to 4 to 6 months of Tretinoin to see some great results.
for Acne Scars
Dermatologists also recommend Tretinoin cream or gel to treat acne marks. The topical formulation penetrates in the skin of a patient who receives this treatment. Its regular use causes a significant reduction in the appearance of acne scars and even out skin tone.
slow to reap the benefits
is likely to cause skin dryness irritation and redness, which can be avoided by
reducing the nightly application. Start slowly and switch to using it every
alternative day. Avoid applying area around the nostrils, mouth, and eyes. Once
your skin fully adjusted to the medicines, increase the nightly application by
using it every night.
to use tretinoin to attain maximum results
unclogging the hair follicles that cause cystic acne, Tretinoin works to reduce
the appearance of acne. A retinoid cream or gel should be applied in a thin
layer on the affected area of the skin daily before bedtime. One needs to apply
the formulation daily for as long as the breakouts last. Make sure you apply
the preparation on clean and dry skin. If your skin is wet, wait for at least20
to 20 minutes before applying the medication. Be careful not to get the
preparation into your eye. You can use cosmetics of your choice but always wash
your face before applying Tretinoin.
Tretinoin is the best product in reducing forehead wrinkles and helping the skin to regain firmness. Now you are finally convinced to use a Tretinoin preparation. As far as the safety is concerned, Tretinoin is considered safe for topical use for treating skin conditions mentioned above. The Retinoid formulation is considered safe for almost all people. There are some cases where you should be a little cautious about the use of Tretinoin because it can cause health problems. Avoid using any topical retinoid if you are pregnant or are at risk of becoming pregnant. You can order tretinoin cream online from premiumrxdrugs at low price with the best quality and fast shipping service.
Human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) is a hormone needed to support the development of an egg in a woman’s ovary. If you want to know what is HCG, simply understand it as an indicator of good fertility. Continue Reading…
Normal hair loss in children is not a big issue to worry about. However in conditions when the hair loss is abnormally high, it becomes clear that there might be some serious cause of hair loss. Continue Reading…
You all must be clearly aware of the benefit of a birth control pill for contraception. They are ridiculously effective as well as reliable in preventing pregnancy. If used correctly, these pills are the safest protection against unplanned pregnancies. Apart from the keeping you away from getting pregnant, the pill can have many other astonishing health benefits. Before going into detail towards the various benefits, you must also be aware about the Birth control pill or the pill.
these are the pills that are used to prevent the unwanted pregnancy and thus are famously known as Birth control pills or contraceptive pills. These are made up of synthetic ovarian hormones, namely Progesterone (Progestin) and Estrogens (Estradiol). The pills can be made up of a combination of these two hormones or of progestin only. The latter one is more preferred by those women who do not want to take estrogens, but these are known to produce high rates of unpredictable vaginal bleeding.
Other health benefits of Birth control pills:
- Regulate the menstrual cycle:
When you’ll start taking birth control pills, your periods will become more regular. According to traditional methods of taking contraceptive pills, you have to take the active pills containing hormone for 3 weeks and then take the inactive pill for the one week. It is more likely that you’ll have your periods when you will take inactive pills.
- Treat irregular periods:
These pills can also be used to make your irregular periods more regular or predictable in those women who suffer from irregular periods. Such women may have the lack of progesterone hormone that prevents the formation of normal uterine wall/ thus a pill containing progesterone hormone will help you to regulate the menstrual cycle.
- Treat heavy periods:
In some women menorrhagia or heavy bleeding during periods is a big problem. In such progesterone-like hormone containing pills can be used to cause lighter bleeding by making the linning of the uterus thinner. The pills currently present in the market allow a female to have periods according to her usage of the pills, i.e. Once in a month, every 90 days or once in a year.
- Kills painful periods (dysmenorhhea):
Periods can be very painful due to the production of prostaglandin in the uterus, that is released at the time of menstrual periods. Prostaglandin is known to cause contractions of the uterus and it can lead to pain. The pills are known to prevent ovulation and thus production of prostaglandins is also restricted. Thus, using birth control pills benefits in reducing the menstrual cramps.
- Treating endometriosis:
Endometrosis is also known to cause painful cramps during periods. The endometrium linning of the uterus may grow outside the uterus and thus it may cause endometrosis. The progesterone-like hormone present in the contraceptive pills may reduce the pain that is associated with endrometrosis.
- Make your skin smooth:
The combination contraceptive pills are known to reduce the testosterone hormone produced in very small amounts in the female body. The reduction of this hormone may act as a boon to the skin. The pills may make your skin look smooth and acne free. It can also improve the condition of hirsutism or excessive production of body hair. It is evidently seen that within six months of continuous use, you may actually find a reduction in abnormal body hair.
- Help with PCOS:
Women suffering from PCOS or polycystic ovarian syndrome have an imbalance of hormone in their body. It is the reason behind the cases of missed periods, obesity, facial hair, ovarian cysts, infertility problems etc. In case you use a combination pill you can observe a great regularity in the menstrual flow and the other side effects due to hormonal imbalance are also prevented.
- Lower the risk of some cancers
The women who have taken the pill for a longer duration, say 5-years or longer, show a reduced risk of developing ovarian cancer in the future. This benefit of birth control pill also continues when you stop using the pill. The chances of getting endometrial cancer decreases nearly by one fourth when you continuously use birth control pills. The benefits can continue even when women have left taking the pill a long while ago.
- Shield you from anaemia:
Many women who suffer from heavy periods may become anaemic due to excessive loss of blood. The condition that can lead to anaemia is often characterised by fatigue and excessive weakness. While taking the birth control pills, the periods may become shorter and lighter and thus you tend to lose less blood.