Arimidex is the brand name of Anastrazole. Developing new aromatase inhibitors, such as Anastrozole, is a step forward in the clinical management of postmenopausal females with hormone-sensitive breast cancers. Clinical trials revealed that Anastrozole shows significant benefits as second-line management of breast cancer. Anastrozole is a non-steroidal, orally administered aromatase inhibitor and an effective antitumor agent.
Consequently, Anastrozole is an effective alternative to tamoxifen drug for first-line treatment of advanced disease in postmenopausal women. One can easily buy Arimidex for sale online in the US.
Approved uses of Arimidex tablet
Arimidex is clinically approved for adjuvant treatment (treatment following surgery with or without radiation) in women who have finished menopause with hormone receptor-positive early breast cancer. It is used as an initial treatment of postmenopausal females with hormone receptor-positive or hormone receptor-advanced stage breast cancer and for the treatment of postmenopausal women with advanced-stage breast cancer that has progressed following treatment with tamoxifen therapy. Women with hormone receptor-negative conditions and women who did not respond to tamoxifen therapy rarely responded to tamoxifen treatment and rarely responded to Anastrozole in the clinical trials.
How can you take Arimidex?
Arimidex is an oral pill that you swallow with a glass of water with or without food. Take the tablet once daily at any time. Do not chew, crush, or break the pill. If you have difficulty swallowing a pill, please talk to your doctor. Always follow the prescribed dosage pattern. As with any medication, never change your dosage without discussing it with your doctor.
How long does Arimidex 1mg last?
The duration at which Arimidex stays in your body can vary from one person to another. Generally, most of the medication is eliminated from your body after about ten days. Arimidex acts by lowering the level of estrogen hormone in your body. These levels remain low for up to a week after your last dose. If you have been using Anastrozole to lower your risk of breast cancer from returning, Anastrozole can continue to function for up to five years after your last dose. Here it is important to note that the result was found in women who had taken this breast cancer medication for at least five years.
Can men use Arimidex?
The FDA has not approved Arimidex 1mg in men. The product has been studied in boys ages 11 to 18 years for treating breast cancer growth in males. But the medicine wasn’t found to be effective in treating this condition.
General precautions for Arimidex
Be sure to speak to your doctor about your health history before considering Arimidex. The medicine may not be appropriate for you if you have certain health conditions or other factors that can directly impact your health. So, the conditions and factors that need to be considered are:
- Heart disease – Before you take Arimidex, speak to your doctor about any heart problems you may have. If you have angina (chest pain) or a heart attack, your heart problems worsen by taking this aromatase inhibitor.
- High cholesterol – Taking Anastrozole can increase the levels of cholesterol in your body. Your doctor will closely monitor your cholesterol level during the entire treatment. You may be monitored more closely if you already have high cholesterol problems. If you have been using cholesterol drugs, your doctor may adjust the dose if your cholesterol levels take a hike.
- Severe liver problems – There have been reports of liver insufficiency, such as hepatitis, since Anastrozole was approved for hormone receptor-positive breast cancer. If you have already suffered from liver disease, taking Arimidex 1mg may worsen your condition. Before using this aromatase inhibitor, consult about your liver impairment. You may prescribe a different treatment for your condition.
- Osteoporosis – Taking Anastrozole can weaken your bones. This can cause the worsening of osteoporosis if you already suffer from the condition. A worsened bone disease may increase your risk of broken bones or fractures. If you have osteoporosis, your doctor may prescribe a treatment to help protect your bones while taking Anastrozole.
When to talk to a doctor
According to research studies, Arimidex is effective and well tolerated; a once-daily tablet is the recommended clinical dose in postmenopausal women with advanced-stage breast cancer. But like any other pharmaceutical agent, Arimidex, too, can cause side effects. These side effects may develop while taking Arimidex 1mg, but most are usually mild. These mild effects of the medicine disappear with time and do not require medical attention. You should talk to your doctor if you are pregnant while taking medicine.
Latest posts by Marie (see all)
- How to take care of eyelashes with Careprost? - March 24, 2023
- Effective Product for Eyelashes - March 22, 2023
- Eyelash Growth Serum that Really Works - March 21, 2023