With so much noise surrounding possible cancer causes like consuming hot beverages, or underwire bras, determining fact from fiction may be difficult. The truth is that many common foods items have indeed been scientifically shown to increase the risk of cancer.
The Link Between Diet and Cancer
It’s hard to miss those cancer-linked warnings, and today it is hard to determine what to stay away from. Many of you out there think you may be doing the right thing for your health by eating low-calorie popcorn or diet sodas. But you are eating cancer-causing foods.
While extra body weight is also a problem, various research studies revealed that obesity raises the risk of several types of cancer. Food, in general, is not as carcinogenic as smoke, alcohol, radiations, viruses. According to some studies, diseases are thought to occur spontaneously, with no obvious cause. However, there a few food items that have been associated with an increased risk of cancer. Consuming these in moderation is probably fine, but a lifetime commitment to high amounts every day could be problematic. To stay healthy, it is a wise decision to limit processed food, pickles, charred meat, and sipping hot drinks. There is no sure short way to protect yourself from cancer, but a healthy lifestyle can help you live longer. Cancer is one of the significant causes of death across the globe. Studies suggest that simple lifestyle modifications such as following a healthy diet and regular exercise could reduce the risk of cancer to 30 to 50%. There is evidence showing certain dietary habits increasing or decreasing cancer risk. Moreover, nutrition is believed to play a crucial role in the battle against cancer. This information guide includes everything you need to know about the relationship between diet and cancer.
Cancer-causing food you should avoid
It may be challenging to prove that certain foods could contribute to cancer. however, research studies have repeatedly indicated that high consumption of some specific food could really increase the risk of cancer.
Here are some cancer-causing foods that you should not eat again.
- Processed meats- Most processed meat products, including bacon, hot dogs, lunch meats, and sausage, contain chemicals that are used to keep them fresh and look appealing. Both sodium nitrite and nitrate have been linked to an increased risk of colon and other forms of cancer. Also, processed meats are made with excessive salt and chemicals that can have damaging effects. So, avoid eating processed meat products, instead go with uncured meat made without nitrates and other harmful chemicals.
- Diet food and Beverages- Diet coke or various other diet beverages and foods can be worse for your overall health. Some research studies linked aspartame, the common artificial sweeteners with increased risk of birth defects and cancer. Others like saccharin and sucralose have also been linked to causing a different type of cancer.
- Microwave popcorn- It’s very easy to put a bag of popcorn in the microwave when you want a quick and delicious snack. But many of you might know that eating microwave popcorn can put them at a higher risk for testicular and pancreatic cancer. Popcorn bag can be convenient, but they are lined with a carcinogenic chemical, which is worth risking your health. If you can’t give up your favourite snack, then switch to the old-fashioned stove or a kernel popping machine which you find at movie theatres.
- Canned tomatoes- You might be thinking how Tomatoes when the nutrient lycopene in tomatoes lowers cancer risk? The answer is that the benefits completely cancelled out when the chemical used in canned tomatoes disrupt hormonal activity in the body. The toxic chemicals used in the making of canned tomatoes have been linked to different cancers, reproductive problems, and heart diseases. Next time when you feel like enjoying your snack time with a perfect tomatoes pup or making a nice red sauce, consider grinding the tomatoes yourself in a mixer.
- Potato chips- These crispy snacks may be easy to add to your snack plate, but these fatty foods don’t only cause you to gain weight, another risk is the presence of carcinogen which is also found in a cigarette. Try not to eat these quick snacks instead go with air-popped popcorn or apple chips.
- Pickled or smoked foods- They may be delicious, but pickled or smoky foods are processed with harmful preservatives like nitrate, which is associated with increased cancer risk. Salty, pickled or smoked food items are closely associated with a chance of colorectal and stomach cancer.
- Refined sugar- refined sugars tend to rapidly spike insulin levels and support the growth of cancerous cells. Sweeteners like high fructose corn syrup have been shown to cause a quick proliferation of cancer cells. Food items like cakes, cookies, sauces, juices, pies, and many other popular processed foods are loaded with high fructose corn syrup and other refined sugars which only cause a rise in the rate of cancer patients.
There are plenty of alternatives out there if next time you are craving for any these food item explained above, you are putting your health at high risk. Your health is the priority, never forget that! Evidence suggests that certain dietary habits can offer protection against cancer. A diet high in vegetables, fruits, lean proteins, healthy fats, protein role grains may prevent cancer. you can buy cancer medicine online from India at affordable prices and best quality product with fast and reliable shipping service.