Cefdinir 300mg is specially formulated to treat bacterial infections in many different parts of the body. The cephalosporin antibiotic works by destroying bacteria or preventing their growth. The medicine is not recommended to treat viral infections like cold and flu. The medicine is available with your physician’s instructions. Complete the full prescribed course to clear up the infection, even if you feel better after a few doses. The medicine is not recommended for long-term use.
What are the uses of Cefdinir?
Cefdinir belongs to a group of cephalosporin antibiotics, which works by fighting bacteria in your body. The capsules are given to treat patients with mild to moderate bacterial infections. The medicine is used to treat community-acquired pneumonia, acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis, Pharyngitis/ Tonsillitis, Sinusitis, uncomplicated skin, and skin structure infections.
What are the dosage instructions?
The recommended dosage and treatment duration for bacterial infections in adults and adolescents are described as below:
- Community-acquired pneumonia- 300 mg every 12 hours for ten days
- Sinusitis-300 mg every 12 hours for ten days
- Bronchitis- 300 mg every 12 hours for 5 to 10 days
- Uncomplicated skin and skin structure infections-300 mg every 12 hours for 10 days
- Pharyngitis/Tonsillitis- 300 mg every 12 hours for 5 to 10 days
For patients with kidney disease, the dose should be 300 mg once daily.
The dose of Cefdinir capsules usually depends on the condition of the patient as well as the response to the treatment. Complete the full course of Cefdinir treatment even if your condition starts improving after a few days of treatment. Stopping the antibiotic medication early may result in a relapse of the bacterial infection.
Latest posts by Marie (see all)
- How to take care of eyelashes with Careprost? - March 24, 2023
- Effective Product for Eyelashes - March 22, 2023
- Eyelash Growth Serum that Really Works - March 21, 2023