Coronary heart disease (CHD) is a disease in which a waxy substance called plaque build up in the interior portion of the coronary arteries. These arteries deliver oxygen-loaded blood to your heart muscle. When plaque builds up in the arteries, the condition is called atherosclerosis. The build-up of plaque occurs over many years.Over time, plaque can thicken or rupture. Hardened plaque narrows the coronary arteries and reduces the flow of oxygen-loaded blood to the heart.
If the plaque ruptures, a blood clot can form on its surface. A large blood clot can mainly or completely block blood circulation through a coronary artery. Over time, ruptured plaque also hardens and narrows the coronary arteries.If the flow of oxygen-rich blood to your heart muscle is reduced or blocked, heart attack or an angina can occur.
Angina is chest pain or distress. It may experience like squeezing and pressure in your chest. The pain also can take place in your shoulders, arms, neck, jaw, or back. Angina pain may even feel like indigestion.
A heart attack occurs if the flow of oxygen-rich blood to a section of heart muscle is cut off. If blood flow is not restored quickly, the section of heart muscle begins to expire. Without immediate treatment, a heart attack can lead to severe health problems or death.
Over time, Coronary Heart Disease CHD can weaken the heart muscle and lead to arrhythmias and heart attack. Heart failure is a condition in which your heart can’t supply an adequate amount of blood to meet your body’s needs. Arrhythmia is an inconvenience with the rate or rhythm of the heartbeat.
Home remedies for coronary heart disease
- Garlic: Several studies have found garlic to be beneficial for the condition like coronary heart disease, high cholesterol and, high blood pressure. Garlic improves circulation and has antithrombotic and antiplatelet aggregatory effects.
- Eat one or two freshly crushed garlic cloves daily. If you find the taste too strong, drink a glass of milk after eating the garlic.
- Turmeric: Turmeric can help prevent atherosclerosis. Turmeric has an active ingredient called curcumin that helps maintain heart health by reducing cholesterol oxidation, plaque build-up and clot formation.
- Use turmeric regularly in your cooking.
- You can also boil one teaspoon of turmeric powder in one cup of water or milk. Drink it once or twice daily for several weeks to a few months.
Alfalfa has been found to be beneficial in preventing cardiovascular problems as it helps reduce cholesterol levels and plaque build-up.
- Alfalfa tea or juice extracted from its leaves is so good to drink it for few times a day for a few months.
- Arjuna: Arjuna is an important Ayurvedic herb for heart conditions. It is known as a natural cardio-tonic and cardiac restorative. The herb strengthens the cardiac muscle, decrease arterial congestion.
- Add one-half teaspoon of Arjuna tree bark powder and a little honey to a glass of lukewarm water. Drink this two times daily for a few months.
Conclusion: you can follow the tips for the natural treatment of coronary heart disease and in the case of emergency you can call your doctor immediately.